za

gor bad quality images, I want crisp clear images!

I ve got a store with a nubex 4 channel 120gb hrdrive dvr with 2 eclipse 596 bullet cameras and a Pelco ICS090 black and white camera. I used 100ft coaxle power/bnc cables. I am now trying to improve my images so that i can acually see useful information. The images is best with the pelco which has a 3.6 mm lense on it but i dont have crisp images. is it because of the cameras not getting enough power or is it the video line being too thin. (the cable has a very thin separation between the power and the video. I read several posts mentioning RG 59 or CAT cables will this improve my image quality or should I cut the power cables to reduce the distance to from the power to the cameras in cheap copper?

please help!!

Edited by Guest

The bullet cameras are 380TVL so they arent high resolution to start with, though ive found them to be decent even so. However, when you blow them up larger they wont be as clear.

You will enhance some quality by using RG59 Siamese (RG59 copper with 18 gauge power cable).

Rory

thanks for the tip, I think that being a novice and not knowing what im doing, I might have contributed to the bad quality image using all 100ft of the cable wrapped in a loop afters its ran to each prospective camera.

im wondering if the way the cable is ran affects the quality of the image.

Sometimes you can confuse image quality or clearness with the inability to see detail when you use a very wide angle lens like you are using on the Pelco. It is tough to tell without actually seeing the image but in general the wider the area you try to see with one camera the less detail you will see. For example you might not be able to read labeling on a package with a wide angle lens but a narrow angle lens will bring out the lettering ok. The trade off of course is that you see a smaller area and might need more cameras to cover your store. Especially helpful are vari-focal lenses so if you can get one to try out do so. I think this is a lensing problem more than anything else.

100 foot of cable in a loop will also act as a antenna and may be liable to radio frequency interference. The loop acts as a inductor and this may show up as a quality issue, or it may not, all depends. Probably just the cams though......

The Pelco ICS090 is a high res camera... The B&W model is not 380 accourding to my cut sheet???

Pelco ICS090 Color Camclosure Dom Model ICS090-CW-V39

Image Device 1/3

Hight 4.04

Width 5.72

Input Voltage 12VDC

Power Consumption 3 watts

Resolution NTSC 504 TVL

Signal to Noise 53db

Min Illumination (lux) 0.05

White Balance Auto or Manual

Backlight Compensation Auto or Manual

Lens 3.0mm-9.0mm

Iris Auto

Housing Color Black or White

Cost

I never heard of Nubex, but it just may be that the DVR has poor image quality.

That Pelco should look good at least, and those bullets are decent. Try hooking them straight into a TV and see if they look significantly better.

Nubex is probably made by the same family in south korea as the pelco cameras ..

I will try all the suggestions, i ve already tried with RG59 cable with (aluminum mesh ) using radioshack BNC adapters (the screw on types) the picture looks abit crisp but was a bit messy I think I havent cut the cable the right length as on the instructions for the BNC adapters..

I havent got a chance to check the rest will post my results

RG-59 with alumium is not very good compared to RG-59 with copper braiding.

The screw-on BNC connectors are good once you get them fitte right. You'll want to unscrew it and see if the copper core got twisted. Once you work with these type of connectors for a little while, you can quickly get a feel for when it's gone on right, or is all messed up and twisted.