Sign in to follow this  
carl0

Camera brands

Which camera brands should I look for- which ones should I avoid? Recommendations on the best weather-proof cameras? Good sources where one might find a variety of lens options? Best pricing?

Anything else that I also need to know is appreciated too. I try to do my homework, and it helps to ask those who have gone before!

Thanks

Good brands that I would recommend; Axis/Panasonic/Dahua/Hikvision, others will probably chime in. Dahau makes some cameras for Lorex and others.

What is just as important is where you buy. A Dahua caamera bought from a Chinese company will be cheaper than one bought from B&H photo, for example (USA customers). But if there is something wrong with the camera, there may not be much warranty from the Chinese company, or it will cost a bunch to send it back for replacement.B&H is a known good company.

For water resistance, look for the IP rating. http://www.enclosurecompany.com/ip-ratings-explained.php

While doing your homework, google for a security camera lens calculator. It will help you decide the lens size for the field of view you want.

If night vision is important, look for starlight or ultra lowlight cameras.

Well, that's a start.

What is just as important is where you buy. A Dahua camera bought from a Chinese company will be cheaper than one bought from B&H photo, for example (USA customers). But if there is something wrong with the camera, there may not be much warranty from the Chinese company, or it will cost a bunch to send it back for replacement.B&H is a known good company.

I agree on one point that by choosing a cheap camera will not give much advantages in case of anything goes wrong as there will be trouble in warranty issue.. But I don't think such case applied for all Chinese brand as some are providing guarantee in order to make trust to their costumer.

Such as there is a Chinese camera seller brand named "titathink" providing Guaranty 14 Day Money-back and

14 days unconditionally return purchase since you received product.

Such as there is a Chinese camera seller brand named "titathink" providing Guaranty 14 Day Money-back and

Yes, there are good Chinese companies that will honor warranties. But do they pay for returm shipping if something is wrong with it? I did have to return a camera to China, and the cheapest shipping I found at the time was $33, and this was with a no tracking option. Will titythink pay for return shipping?

Yes, there are good Chinese companies that will honor warranties. But do they pay for returm shipping if something is wrong with it? I did have to return a camera to China, and the cheapest shipping I found at the time was $33, and this was with a no tracking option. Will titythink pay for return shipping?

Sorry for delay response as I was outside for work. Anyway, you really asked an important question and I appreciate that. But before I give you any answer I want to make a confirmation so I sent a message to TITATHINK Team. Within 2days I will get their confirmation. Then I will let you know. Until then please have a patience

Sorry for delay response as I was outside for work. Anyway, you really asked an important question and I appreciate that. But before I give you any answer I want to make a confirmation so I sent a message to TITATHINK Team. Within 2days I will get their confirmation. Then I will let you know. Until then please have a patience

Getting fibbed off already that's a good start.