Sign in to follow this  
jim0176

PC monitor won't work with DVR

Hi, I had had 2 different pc monitors in use. Start out working fine then somewhere along the way, monitor says "Going to sleep now" and I cannot get it to display my DVR. If I use HDMI on a tv, all works fine. I just don't want to use my TV. I have the resolution set to specs. form the monitors manual. I have had 2 different DVRS and this has happened on both of them. I have switched out cables also. Is there something I am doing that could cause the VGA connector on the DVR to go bad? Any help would be greatly apprecisted! Thank you!!

possibly the resulotion on the DVR is set too high and the monitor cant display it. So its if set to 1080 and it works on your TV, the monitor may only be 720 and cant display the 1080. Should be a resolution setting on the DVR you can play with.

Thanks for the response, but it is not a resolution issue. I have used 2 different monitors and both worked for a short period then nothing. I review the manuals to make sure resolution was set to reqired settins. Also the monitors work on other computers. Again, thanks for the response.

Logically, since yu have two monitors exhibiting the same symptoms the problem must lie with the DVR.

I guess it is possible that the VGA port is pooched.

Suggestion?

If still nice and new - return to supplier.

If not, get hold of a HDMI to VGA adapter and use that.