doughty

DVR is rebooting several times overnight (Lorex system)

I am having some issues with my Lorex DVR.

When we arrive in the morning, the DVR is displaying a status menu and our camera view has been reset to its default.

I have checked the logs, and apparently the unit is randomly rebooting once to several times a night. This is happening at random times overnight, but never during the day while we are there in the offices.

I am very much a novice when it comes to CCTV systems.

Please let me know what other information would be helpful to include here, and what should I do on my end to troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you very much in advance, and I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I was unable to find one that exactly described my issue, even though I am probably failing at doing so myself.

Regards,

Jay

If the DVR shares a PSU with the cameras, start by checking that.

Generally, cameras draw more power at night for their IR illuminators, which causes weird and wonderful things to happen if the PSU isn't up to spec.

If the DVR shares a PSU with the cameras, start by checking that.

Generally, cameras draw more power at night for their IR illuminators, which causes weird and wonderful things to happen if the PSU isn't up to spec.

Also check the firmware version and check the Manufacturer website if there is an available upgrade. Definitely swap out the power supply for a couple of nights to check if that is the root cause.

Good Luck!

Sriku

I am having some issues with my Lorex DVR.

When we arrive in the morning, the DVR is displaying a status menu and our camera view has been reset to its default.

I have checked the logs, and apparently the unit is randomly rebooting once to several times a night. This is happening at random times overnight, but never during the day while we are there in the offices.

I am very much a novice when it comes to CCTV systems.

Please let me know what other information would be helpful to include here, and what should I do on my end to troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you very much in advance, and I apologize if this is a duplicate thread. I was unable to find one that exactly described my issue, even though I am probably failing at doing so myself.

Regards,

Jay

You may ask Lorex for a possible update of firmware. Possibly one of many causes, you can tell them. In the night recording, the bit rates can go a lot higher than the expected value with the current setting of parameters in their firmware. Being driven into an unknown state, till the watch dog timer does reboot the system back again.