Sign in to follow this  
Nuieve

Why are 90% of cameras white?

This is the stupidest thing ever. I don't understand it. I thought the idea was for cameras to be stealthy and not obvious. You can't hide a white camera. If someone's determined to get into your house or break into your car, they will see the camera and will do their best to hide their face completely defeating the purpose of the camera (to catch thieves off guard).

Does anyone have any explanation for this profound stupidity?

This is the stupidest thing ever. I don't understand it. I thought the idea was for cameras to be stealthy and not obvious. You can't hide a white camera. If someone's determined to get into your house or break into your car, they will see the camera and will do their best to hide their face completely defeating the purpose of the camera (to catch thieves off guard).

Did you even give this the slightest bit of thought?

1) cameras are not intended to be stealth...most are there as a deterrent.

2) cameras are often mounted on white surfaces, like overhangs, ceilings , soffit...

3) white stays cooler in direct sun

I dont think you understand the purpose of surveillance...

I've seen black cameras like Piper NV and Canary. But didn't notice any camouflage ones though. lol and +1 on tomcctv. What color do you exactly want by the way?

nice one stefan. thanks for sharing!! I found this and all of them are actually white, lol!!!. but am pretty sure with the piper and canary having other color though. it's weird that i now find it weird that most cams are actually white.haha

nice one stefan. thanks for sharing!! I found this and all of them are actually white, lol!!!. but am pretty sure with the piper and canary having other color though. it's weird that i now find it weird that most cams are actually white.haha

What has your link got to do with the post ......

A camera with costs every month ..... It's crap

You can make any camera any colour you like .

You only need to go back 7 years on the forum where there is a thread

Carbon fiber

Brick effect

Gold colour or any colour

You can even turn black to white