totojones

Is there a DVR that can replay the last couple minutes

New user but this week my home alarm system activated in the early morning hours and it took me several minutes to get the footage of the various cameras up and running to review what triggered the alarm. Do any of the security DVRs have a function like my home tv dvr where i can skip back a minute or two and review the footage for all the feeds. Like instant replay.

Hikvision and LTS have an alarm function that allows a relay to hit the DVR and then push a notification to the app. Once you click on the notification it brings up the alarm screen and you can tap “enable live view” “view recorded video” or “trigger alarm output”. When tapping the second option it plays the video of the motion event or the alarm event that has been relayed through the NVR to relay the nearest camera to that sensor.

Hope that answers your question! If you need help I could assist you with this project for a consulting fee.

Hope that answers your question! If you need help I could assist you with this project for a consulting fee.

Or look for help on the forum and get it for FREE.

Lorex units has one click function which allows instant playback or even run on another window .... live view plus delayed view

I won’t charge for this info

That’s funny, you didn’t really answer the question and suggested low quality equipment. Kudos to you. I don’t charge for advice, I charge for time to do a remote login and design a system for another integrator. Time is

not free. I wouldn’t urinate on a Lorex system, they are pieces of sh*t.

That’s funny, you didn’t really answer the question and suggested low quality equipment. Kudos to you. I don’t charge for advice, I charge for time to do a remote login and design a system for another integrator. Time is

not free. I wouldn’t urinate on a Lorex system, they are pieces of sh*t.

Your funny ...... first you don’t make the forum your business hub.

You have no clue about lorex ...... and I will tell you a fact hikvision make good cameras but there recorders are a joke

All I know is what I see. And that’s 5-10 instances per month where we have to rip a Lorex system thats been installed for less than a year which has multiple camera failures, DVR hard drive failures, IR failures, washed out image, and just generally bad manufacturing. The equipment is bottom of the barrel cheap. I get that you probably sell Lorex, but I’m not the only one that has a problem with them. You can refer to the thousands of negative reviews online. And hikvision DVR equipment is COMPLICATED it doesn’t suck, it’s professional level equipment not DIY. I have over 1,000 systems installed in 5 states and the failure rate for my equipment for a 5yr period is less than 5%. I would take the Pepsi challenge against Lorex any day.

All I know is what I see. And that’s 5-10 instances per month where we have to rip a Lorex system thats been installed for less than a year which has multiple camera failures, DVR hard drive failures, IR failures, washed out image, and just generally bad manufacturing. The equipment is bottom of the barrel cheap. I get that you probably sell Lorex, but I’m not the only one that has a problem with them. You can refer to the thousands of negative reviews online. And hikvision DVR equipment is COMPLICATED it doesn’t suck, it’s professional level equipment not DIY. I have over 1,000 systems installed in 5 states and the failure rate for my equipment for a 5yr period is less than 5%. I would take the Pepsi challenge against Lorex any day.

You are full of crap..... you don’t even know who holds lorex licence

1000 systems that makes you a novis

Hik is far from being pro recorders ....... you talk with any experienced install company and they would not touch hik recorders.

A major US company have just found out to there cost the hard way

$16m worth

And I dought you get hik support letters..... 2 days ago hik announced another security problem

It is far from pro ..... it’s also bad for the domestic end

That’s insteresting information considering Dahua DVR’s are being hacked left and right. And Lorex is Dahua. I can see that you aren’t an installer or an integrator, you just push crappy DIY equipment. I get it man, got to try to save face so you can get people to buy the cheap garbage you peddle. But there is a big difference between what I install and Lorex/FLIR. The difference is quality, warranty, support, service and longevity. Lorex is not quality equipment, period. Not sure what “professionals” you are selling Lorex equipment too, but I would say that anyone who installs Lorex is far from a professional. And I guess 12 years experience, multiple government, commercial, Fortune 500 company, and multi million dollar installs makes me a novice. Have you ever heard of not putting your name on garbage? We don’t accept every contract or every install. We are a boutique company. We offer the best for those who want the best. For most residential jobs we use hik, but we also use axis, arecontvision, speco, pelco and Bosch. There are different calibres of customers with different calibres of equipment.

Lorex is not re badge dahua....

See ..... 1000s of systems under your belt in 5 states

And you call flir junk

You have no clue about cctv.

Lorex is not FLIR. Flir just purchased Lorex and I know for a fact the systems they sell are garbage. I replace 10 or more of them a month. Again, I get that you sell Lorex, but I stop taking any “professional” seriously that installs equipment you can buy at Costco. I’m guessing you are not an install company, so you have very little room to talk about installs. I’ve seen you make false claim after false claim while you desperately try to convince people to buy your junk. We don’t need to do that. Our customers come to us because of our reputation and other customers who have referred them. We would never risk our reputation by installing junk like Lorex. Your mileage obviously varies.

Who sells lorex. ??? Don’t guess at everything

Does lorex sell flir at Costco .... no it’s diy market lorex at Costco.

You swap out 10 a month for LTS and call yourself a pro.

You are new to this industry..... and it shows

You need to understand products.

Yes you are right flir bought lorex a few years ago.... we talked about it in the forum

And we also talked about flir buying a stake of dahua... to use there tech last year... OEM is we’re people just rebadged or rename home screen that is not what lorex has done

So what factory manufactures Lorex then? Is it Dahua? I rest my case. No real professional installs Lorex. I’ve been in the industry for 12 years and I’ve seen plenty of fly by night companies installing Lorex, but no professionals. You keep selling your 2 star rated equipment and I’ll keep installing my 5 star. As a business we have hundreds of reviews and have never received below 4 Stars. Yeah, that’s hard to say isn’t it?! I bet you can’t say the same for yourself.

So what factory manufactures Lorex then? Is it Dahua? I rest my case. No real professional installs Lorex. I’ve been in the industry for 12 years and I’ve seen plenty of fly by night companies installing Lorex, but no professionals. You keep selling your 2 star rated equipment and I’ll keep installing my 5 star. As a business we have hundreds of reviews and have never received below 4 Stars. Yeah, that’s hard to say isn’t it?! I bet you can’t say the same for yourself.

Made in the flir factory. Yes they have a factory. Licences to use some of dahua software along with there own add ons........ Thermal/ ANPR/ face detection/ licence plate management...... None of which your 5star does

Listen Nathan you talk so much crap. So pros don't install flir ..... See you know nothing of the industry.

You use LTS .......the DIY system ...... 4stars........ Can I say you lost all credibility yesterday when you said your a aurtherised hikvision distributor..........that did it for me it only took 1 phone call to find the truth.

So Nathan let's start again ........ Forget about coming on here to tell members what is good and bad about a company you know nothing about.........don't push your $75 an hour service

And just be part of the forum members....... Here to help each other

New user but this week my home alarm system activated in the early morning hours and it took me several minutes to get the footage of the various cameras up and running to review what triggered the alarm. Do any of the security DVRs have a function like my home tv dvr where i can skip back a minute or two and review the footage for all the feeds. Like instant replay.

Dahua

Simple click the camera you want, go to the player button top of screen and click play, you get the last 5 minutes

LTS isn’t DIY. The system you suggested is, and can be purchased at Costco. Do you install or just sell equipment? You and your equipment are a joke, Tom, and anyone who uses google can figure that out with a simple search. And Lorex isn’t made in the FLIR factory, that’s another lie. Lorex equipment is Dahua OEM. FLIR is made in a FLIR factory. I run into FLIR equipment all the time, the professional stuff sure as hell doesn’t have “Lorex” plastered accross it.

LTS isn’t DIY. The system you suggested is, and can be purchased at Costco. Do you install or just sell equipment? You and your equipment are a joke, Tom, and anyone who uses google can figure that out with a simple search. And Lorex isn’t made in the FLIR factory, that’s another lie. Lorex equipment is Dahua OEM. FLIR is made in a FLIR factory. I run into FLIR equipment all the time, the professional stuff sure as hell doesn’t have “Lorex” plastered accross it.

Listen Nathan...... Your the one who says you have so many year in the industry which by now you know is crap ..... Hence how I know your name

Yes I install and I don't sell so ..... I buy direct from suppliers. That how I found out so quick that you claim to be a aurtherised hikvision like you claim..... And we both know the answer to that.

You ask any pro if they would use a hikvision NVR ..... Answer is no..... Same with LTS ....... Not that there is anything wrong with them it is there just for the DIY market. Hence why they sell on eBay and the likes. There genuine hik cameras are ok but if you think there recorders are good enough or secure enough for high profile locations then again that shows you are new to the industry

Your are right lorex at Costco. But they are lorex and not the flir lorex not even same operating system

That's more info YOU HAVE GOT FOR FREE. from the forum. Unlike you who wants $75 a hour

Of course! I have ever got this puzzled, but my friend told me a method, some detailed steps you can learn on http://jkdcsecurity.com/

Don’t even bother using this idiots link

Says based in the US but in fact in China

You are best not even dealing with a company that lies to you from the start

Don’t trust a spammer.