Sign in to follow this  
UMDRanger

Sensormatic Speeddome Troubleshooting

Been a while since I posted last. Will need to hit the Intro thread next I guess. Anyways...

I have a Sensormatic/American Dynamics/Tyco Speeddome ultra IV I got last year. It boots up, does it's homing check, and waits for controller data.

CR LEDS

LED 2 Green, blinks.

LED 3 Red, blinks during homing/start up checks, then remains solid.

LED 4 Orange, stays solid on.

From what I've gathered from the manuals, blinking red means the software is working. So I am assuming a solid red means the software has a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

I downloaded the latest driver firmware, but without the USB device, not sure if I can upload somehow via Geovision... which is still offline.

I am using the base board wiring option. Camera boots up, the software version and camera specs flash accross the screen as usual on Sensormatic boots, it does the bootup homing pattern where it turns. It completes the homing pattern with the camera at the 45 degree down angle as it is supposed to, and from my previous experience using Sensormatic speeddomes... is now ready to recieve commands. However when using the geovision GV-Net, configured for the Sensormatic dome, the dome is not responsive. Every few seconds you can hear the motor or fan kick in. Not sure if that is normal or not as I've never been this close to them in an unenclosed space while in operation. They have always been in the ceiling mount, in a retail store so you know how quiet those places are even at night.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Seems like the camera is fully operational, it's doing the proper test as I just put up one on my property. Seems like the communication from the geovision gv-net is not working. From my understanding the Geovision GV-net runs on RS-485 command protcols and Pelco D. The sensormatic dome cameras runs on RS-422 command set and also sensornet/manchester (basically an rs-485 for sensormatic only).

How many pairs of wires are running to the dome? 2 or 4. It should be two pairs unshielded (R-R+, T-T+) if you are running a RS-422 protocol. Or else it would only be a pair for the sensornet. I have a an old DOS RS-422 Sensormatic command set that I can email over to you. PM me with your email address. To make this program work you'll need an rs-232 to an rs-422 converter.

I'll PM you my email for that program. Thanks.

I've got it sent on some 18/2 on a cable length of 4' for testing, so the diff between 18 and 20 shouldn't be a factor. I've run them several hundred feet on Sensornet protocol on a few different guages of wire at my old job (retail security) where we used whatever we could get our hands on. GV-Net is set to the Sensormatic protocol and specific dome. Looking forward to trying the RS-422 method...Thanks man.