Sign in to follow this  
iffy

Please suggest a system

I have got together a few requirements and was wondering on brand of system to buy. The following is what I require the system to be able to do:

1. Allow me to view cameras on smartphone and PC based system

2. Allow staff access to system but only to view/playback footage and not be able to manipulate system.

3. Facilitate at least 12 cameras

4. Be user friendly!

5. Have motion detection of some sort which sends a message to my phone

6. Be of 4k quality

7. Lastly I need a crystal clear image of computer screens to see what icons are pressed through one of the cameras. I do not favour a feed in to monitor to achieve this.

Help on this subject would be great.

Thanks for the reply.

The system suggested is just outside my budget, what do you think of this one

lorex lnk72163tc8bp

Nothing wrong with that system, its just not 4K as you said you wanted. It is 4K capable, but all the cameras included are 2K.

Try to check arlo system. It has got two way communication, you can talk to the cam and all. What I don't like about it is the cloud subscription. But it has a local storage option. You can read more about it online.

Try to check arlo system. It has got two way communication, you can talk to the cam and all. What I don't like about it is the cloud subscription. But it has a local storage option. You can read more about it online.

Forget arlo system .... you are for ever paying for something you own

NEVER let a 3rd party run and own your system

I wouldn’t suggest Lorex, at all. I replace Lorex equipment constantly for clients and it just isn’t high quality. LTS has just launched a 4K line, but they are a bit above your price point I think. I doubt you need all that quality, camera placement and lens is just as important if not moreso than resolution once you hit the 2.1MP (1080p) range.

I wouldn’t suggest Lorex, at all. I replace Lorex equipment constantly for clients and it just isn’t high quality. LTS has just launched a 4K line, but they are a bit above your price point I think. I doubt you need all that quality, camera placement and lens is just as important if not moreso than resolution once you hit the 2.1MP (1080p) range.

LTS is just a re badge company .... guess who’s recorders they use

and you are always against me. lol. Are you the only one allowed to comment about cameras, arlo etc? I think you should chill. Life is beautiful, go out, make friends, live your life happily

I know LTS is Hik OEM, everyone knows that. Just like northern CCTV and all the other off brands that use them. Same as Lorex and Q-see are dahua OEM. I like LTS because of the warranty and the excellent support. I’ve been using them for years and never had a complaint. And I’ve installed thousands of systems.

and you are always against me. lol. Are you the only one allowed to comment about cameras, arlo etc? I think you should chill. Life is beautiful, go out, make friends, live your life happily

Listen don’t worry about me ...... and read the post again....... nothing was said about you

Arlo has a monthly payment for data storage ....... people like to pay for things AND OWN THEM.

Why buy something and have to pay to use it

Not to mention the big hole it puts in firewall for there easy setup

Have you heard about IP Cam Soft software yet?

It can support multiple camera models and has the version for Android/iOS/ Windows /Windows phone devices/ Google TV and Apple TV.

It may not meet all of your requirements (such as 4K quality,...), but it has some features you may like and the price is reasonable too. You should take a look at http://ipcamsoft.com/

Have you heard about IP Cam Soft software yet?

It can support multiple camera models and has the version for Android/iOS/ Windows /Windows phone devices/ Google TV and Apple TV.

It may not meet all of your requirements (such as 4K quality,...), but it has some features you may like and the price is reasonable too. You should take a look at http://ipcamsoft.com/

Yes, WORST garbage ever!!! Dont buy. Its infected with a virus.