CoolDude

WizKid Cameras??

Anyone have experience with the Day/night domes from Wizkid?. I believe they are a division of ExtremeCCTV.

Thanks.

Yes.

Have tried 2 of their WZ46ZN dones, both times different instances had issues with IR glare, no matter what we did.

Their actual dome is tough. I used a hammer and a sledge hammer to try to break the cover, nothing, just some scraches. I even drove my Jeep Cherokee over it, still all together, no damage.

So they make tough domes. Stay away from the all in one IR domes. Get a seperate IR LED from them, or Extreme. The actual camera is good. The Dome is good. The LED is good.

I only ever sell them seperate now.

Extreme has some wall and corner mounted IR cameras, all in one, they have seperate LEDs from the camera, these will work great. Its when you have them together that you get the glare. Maybe both times I had a bad product, but it put me off the all in ones alltogether, in the IR dome series that is.

When they keep the IR in a seperate window from the camera, then y ou have no issues, and it works great. Extreme cameras are the best I have seen for IR, whiz kid LEDs are great also, installing their cube IR with a Extreme EX45 on monday. I was using the whizkid's WZ46 just for the IRs for the EX45 but the LEDs burnt out after only a year so this is why i bought the WZ Cube IR.

Rory

Rory

on a sepertate note, you can see some Extreme IR cameras/LEDs on my web site: www.bahamassecurity.com - click on the Infrared Link on the right for more. Im going to get one with my jeep and post it here under security cameras.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the info. There was one on Ebay and I wanted one for testing. Guess I'll not bother. Also did not have much success with the Silent Witness day/night IR cameras. Exactly the same problem with the LED's reflecting back into the camera. Going to try just IR illuminators and seperate cameras.

yep, thats what I do now. I mean, they must work or they wouldnt make them, but never worked for me, as yet :-0

I must say, though it costs, the UF 500 is impressive, along with a day night camera, or even the UF-100 if you dont need the UF-500 distance, or price! Thats the UF 500 in the image above.

Rory

Well, there is a camerathat I got my hands on that has absolutetly no issues when it comes to IR Glare, they fixed-it by putting a purpulish layer on the glass cover.

Yeah, I tried a ProVideo Day/Night bullet cam with built in IR and I get glare on that one too. I was hoping the WizKid WZ15N would do better, I just ordered one.