Waynee

Need guide about create remote camera / remote viewing

Hi all,

Can anybody teach me how to config my DVR connect to ADSL connection so that I can view using IE explorer?

I was using :

1. 8 channel Dvr card (Slot in PC)

2. Using Kodicom DigiNet software

3. The router connected with ADSL is D-Link 524 (Built-In port switch and wireless)

4. What different with DigiNet & DvrNet? It is a same program?

Hope any one can help me ... Please and Thx a lot to u guys

*Waynee*

Well.....I am actually going through something similiar. The difference is that I have a DSL modem/router single port and I am connecting that to a linksys wireless G router. I am still not successful with IE part but I know you have to open up the port you specify on the DSL modem router side. You first assign a static ip to your DVR and than you port forward to that ip address and it should work since your using the D-Link 524. I bought a DVR through CCTV specialty and I'm having connectivity problems with the software and the IE browser.

If your still having problems please post back and I can go into more detail on what the settings should look like. If you have gotten the D-Link 524 to work post back and let me know of your success.

The first thing you need to determine is what port your Digital Recorder needs to have open on your router to work properly. The next step is opening the port. If your digital recorder uses Port 80 or 82 you could have a problem because a lot of broadband providers will not permit you to open port 80. They don't want people eating up bandwidth by running e-mail servers or web servers on residential services. To see if you've open the right port go to www.grc.com and scroll down until you find a program called " Shields-Up " this program will indicate if the correct port on your router is open or closed