willyvanpeoples01

PELCO:Spectra III DD53CBW complete loss of function

Thank you, I would appreciate any troubleshooting tips or workable sollutions, or perhaps just the reason my sprectra III, in fully functional operation (DD53CbW-BG-Ex22), for the soul reason:condensation build up at pc-board roughly 75%of the back box, not the camera drives board. Backbox(bb63-bg-e). Long short, condensation build up over time is somewhat thick for a pc board. I used mineral spirits and many q-tips and removed. All awhile green led appears when transformer applied.(24v,70va,fused). Problem:no display that's legible. display shows screen as though neg/&pos video feed might be rubbing against eachother somewhere within sys. perhaps missed condensation slime crossing a connection creating a illegible distorted screen. Not a blank screen. Easy get a new backbox! I do !Green light power comes up, motordrive inserted , there's distorted screen, then this time , unnotticed in my orig. backbox, no configuration or auto self test. Both backboxes show same defects. Power is getting to dome at connection, or that is where power feed is actually lost. Well, with the exception of the distorted display. Other than with an extra backbox, for I'm assuming both are functional! Well new one anyway. Can transformer pwr. when reaches that over/under male/female 16 or 20 pin uniting connection actually be denied by the camera so as not to perform standard powerup / config. whch can perform just about anytime, even when no ptz control are wired. Mine were, not now! The camera is dead, it seems as though. All of a sudden. I thought to be hard to acheive in todays vast adavancements with circuitry. Is there a fuse inside the motordrive or spectra III. Does it have a reset needing resettng, shut down as a result of the 3 hour power outage the other night or two prior. I 've had outages before. The Pelco and its vcr are the first things usually heard throughout the hole house in the past outages because of its configuring and vcrs gears going silly. So, if anyone , any insight, please, throw me a bone! I need my rig!

Thank you,

willyvanpeoples

Thank you, I would appreciate any troubleshooting tips or workable sollutions, or perhaps just the reason my sprectra III, in fully functional operation (DD53CbW-BG-Ex22), for the soul reason:condensation build up at pc-board roughly 75%of the back box, not the camera drives board. Backbox(bb63-bg-e). Long short, condensation build up over time is somewhat thick for a pc board. I used mineral spirits and many q-tips and removed. All awhile green led appears when transformer applied.(24v,70va,fused). Problem:no display that's legible. display shows screen as though neg/&pos video feed might be rubbing against eachother somewhere within sys. perhaps missed condensation slime crossing a connection creating a illegible distorted screen. Not a blank screen. Easy get a new backbox! I do !Green light power comes up, motordrive inserted , there's distorted screen, then this time , unnotticed in my orig. backbox, no configuration or auto self test. Both backboxes show same defects. Power is getting to dome at connection, or that is where power feed is actually lost. Well, with the exception of the distorted display. Other than with an extra backbox, for I'm assuming both are functional! Well new one anyway. Can transformer pwr. when reaches that over/under male/female 16 or 20 pin uniting connection actually be denied by the camera so as not to perform standard powerup / config. whch can perform just about anytime, even when no ptz control are wired. Mine were, not now! The camera is dead, it seems as though. All of a sudden. I thought to be hard to acheive in todays vast adavancements with circuitry. Is there a fuse inside the motordrive or spectra III. Does it have a reset needing resettng, shut down as a result of the 3 hour power outage the other night or two prior. I 've had outages before. The Pelco and its vcr are the first things usually heard throughout the hole house in the past outages because of its configuring and vcrs gears going silly. So, if anyone , any insight, please, throw me a bone! I need my rig!

Thank you,

willyvanpeoples

Well First I need some clearification...

You stated you had a (DD53CbW-BG-Ex22) and this is not a valid Pelco part number. If you check Pelco's website at ftp://www.pelco.com/SelectionGuides/Pelco_Spectra_III_Series_selection_guide.pdf you will be able to find your exact setup that you have.

And Just to let you know if indeed you have a CBW (color black and white) you then have a 23X camera not a 22X the CBW is the only camera that has 23X.

You also stated that you had a (bb63-bg-e) Back Box and that again is an invalid Pelco part number. I assume that you meant bb53-pg-e. If so it would make sense as this is a Pendant outdoor enviormental back box.

Here is the reason that I think your problem happened...

The pelco mounts for the pendant backboxes like the IWM Series mounts are intended to have what they call Cable Glands (See picture below)sometimes they are called cord grips. To be safe these should be used on any outdoor installation. We have some in ceiling installations that we dont use them on but they are in a pretty sealed ceiling and although the camera is outside the back box is in a sealed ceiling.

Some things to consider about your camera not working...

Although you think that the Dome Drive is not broken that would be my most likely guess. I'm sure its not what you want to hear but it is very and I mean very likley. The dome drives are not in any way sealed I have had one open before and there is absolutely no seal at all, and if you had that much moisture on the inside of the back box I would assume that there would be just as much on the inside of the dome drive.

One more thing to consider is your power supply it might be produceing a power source for the camera that is in someway not good enough. Two things may have happend with the power supply. If its an outdoor type maybe it got wet as well and its messed up (we have had that happen on an Esprite.) Or maybe the moisture in the Back Box shorted something and then it blew the power supply (hopefully just the fuse). If you have a fuse check it. If your not sure if its bad change it anyway or check it with an Ohm meter.

I know you may not think that some of these things are possibly wrong but even if your pretty sure that certain parts are working the only way to be sure that they are working is to test them and verify that they are.

Try some of these things to test your equipment...

If you have a camera knowen to work then test it with your powersupply to make sure its good you can also try switching your power supply with another 70VA supply if you have access to one.

If you have another back box or dome drive knowen to be good try switching those.

If you need details on how to install the cable glands let me know.

BTW I got my cable glands from a company that I cant think of right now (I can find it if you need to purchase them) but as far as the company that makes them there website is http://www.heyco.com

If you are not useing cable glands you must seal the back box some how and the best way I have found is with cable glands. These enviormental back boxes are not made to be installed with out sealing them. In fact Pelco is very clear that moisture can not be allowed in the back box or camera.

As a last resort (maybe even a first resort, there very helpful and available 24/7) you can call Pelco and go through there people to trouble shoot it and even have it repaired. We have never paid for a repair even though we were told that we would need to pay they have never billed us. I think there support is the best I have encountered ever. I live in the califorina and they will usually get my parts back to me 1 day after the repair is complete. And I'm refering to out of warranty parts. They will never charge for in warranty parts. By the way the date of the warranty start is located on all pelco products by a 5 digit number for instance 05136 would be the 136th day of 2005.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Stuart

_DSC8633.thumb.jpg.e9edf4eed7b10844ca89c5cefaab407b.jpg

_DSC8635.thumb.jpg.f707cc924c075339836e598f204c07c7.jpg

Maybe this is a stupid question but: Why not box it up and send it to Pelco to look at?

I believe they will test and diagnos if you cover the shipping. I had a similar problem a while back and the service department was very helpful in determining the problem. I just called their 800 number and went to the service desk.

I ended up paying for replacement parts instead of buying a new camera.

Maybe this is a stupid question but: Why not box it up and send it to Pelco to look at?

I believe they will test and diagnos if you cover the shipping. I had a similar problem a while back and the service department was very helpful in determining the problem. I just called their 800 number and went to the service desk.

I ended up paying for replacement parts instead of buying a new camera.

I totally agree we have sent alot of things into Pleco and they are an awesome help and we have never been charged before even with out of warrenty parts but if the condensation gets back in the camera will break again.