Sign in to follow this  
jaseemabdu

DVR frequent disconnection even in LAN but ping is OK

Hi,

I have a winpossee DVR 3016hd MODEL.. For past 1 week its causing me one issue... Some time it gets disconnected from the web browser and mobile app saying network error...and then I need to restart to make it up... During same time if I go near to the DVR to reboot the monitor displays HDD not detected and if I press ok it goes away and the HDD is listed in the HDD management tab after I press OK ... I am using port number 99 for past 3 years.... What will be the issue?

This started happening while i tried to replace one camera to another place which is extended over 60m using LAN cable ....

Can somebody suggest a way?

Hello. Make sure you did not connect the camera adapter to the DVR when you replaced the one camera to another spot. If that is not the case, you may want to consider that it is time to replace the DVR power adapter. A failing power adapter can cause the DVR to fail to record or freeze up or randomly restart.

"did not connect the camera adapter to the DVR when you replaced the one camera to another spot"- Can you clear me on this? I didn't get what you mean. I'm sorry !

I didn't replace or remove the coaxial to lan adapter from dvr.. I just connected the new cat6 cable to same adapter... I am sure the dvr is not restarting because the ping is success full all time..

All i can see is suddenly the mobile ap shows network error, the web browser shows network error or shows the cached login page, which doesnot login if i hit login button...

Will it be power adapter issue? or hard disk cables?

OK. So, if the old network cable was working, can you try reconnecting the DVR to the router with the old cat6 patch?

I don't think it will work..i already removed and checked..even though I cannot reconnect old one as its already removed...

This same thing happened in my other office using same brand DVR...ping was there but no remote connection in same LAN...then I rebooted myself...it was OK.. Will it be due to power adapter if it was loose in wall socket or something?