Doug

Wide Dynamic Range Camera?

I'm looking for opinions on which are the better WDR cameras on the market (box camera)

Thanks

Doug

expensive...................talk to Rick of KrCCTV on this forum. He sells the WDR type and I've used them with impressive results.

love the pano sdIII but the Bosch Dinion XF LTCO495 may be even better .

pano been around longer though

Im just done with all the newbie manufacturers (eg. Bosch) and time to just use what is proven ... pano, ganz, and Sanyo are proven .. no need to even look at the other guys ..

PS. not a bosch/phillips fan here ...

[PS. not a bosch/phillips fan here ...

i hear ya, but have you seen the picture it produces? and heck its not made in china. and whats up with the ge cams now coming out of china?

i quess the bosch is made in portugal.

[PS. not a bosch/phillips fan here ...

i hear ya, but have you seen the picture it produces? and heck its not made in china. and whats up with the ge cams now coming out of china?

i quess the bosch is made in portugal.

GE has a plant in Taiwan (last i saw, been a while, could be china now who knows), Bosch also has their cams made in Asia. Both use Sony from Japan and components from China, Taiwan, and Korea.

Pano, Sanyo, and Ganz are all in Japan .. highest quality

i just got my new pano 484s from my dist today for an upcoming job.. im excited to see how well they work.. i was impressed already with how they look... any suggestions on setup,etc i will be installing them on a 15ft drop ceiling focused on a hotels revolving door to the outside catching faces

well they are prettty easy to use. Just dont use the auto back focus primarily. Set up the camera just as if it was a normal camera with manual back focus adjustments. Then let the auto back focus adjust itself when lighting changes. It will work the best that way. Also take advantage of the adjustment on the BW presets.

Otherwise dont pass up the oportunity to wow your customer with the WDR in comparison to any other camera. It will make them want more.