tdenson

Camera that supports ip and SDI

I have an analogue system in a church which I want to move to ip. However, I use a couple of the cameras to double as real time live cameras for projection on a screen. ip doesn't work for this due to lip sync issues. I believe there are cameras that support both ip and SDI analogue concurrently. Can anyone point me in the right direction as a Google search didn't turn anything up.

Hi. They don't exist.

Will you be changing recorder over to HD as well as cameras ? SDI will not work on a standard analog recorder.

I would look at cvi system and still have the live view

What about it ....... it’s still not hybrid it’s only sdi

And you will not get that to work on your dvr

Also that eBay £1.200 -$1.800 is junk. ..... so your not interested in any advice

Sdi vs cvi

What about it ....... it’s still not hybrid it’s only sdi

And you will not get that to work on your dvr

Also that eBay £1.200 -$1.800 is junk. ..... so your not interested in any advice

Sdi vs cvi

Yes, I am interested in advice, why else would I post on this forum. Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive. I asked this question because I spoke to a techie at another church that told me they were using hybrid ip/SDI cameras and I believed him, hence why I started looking around. I now discover according to you that he was lying. Also, the advert I came across says "HDMI, HD-SDI, IP Streaming (All Simultaneous)" which to my simple mind seems to imply a hybrid. And yes I do understand I would need a different DVR - I have installed at least half a dozen ip based CCTV systems before.

Is there anyone else on this forum who can confirm that what I am looking for doesn't exist.

It does not matter how many time you ask your question the answer is going to be always the same.

No such thing as duel sdi ip camera because it will be pointless.

Your advice from the other church tech is right .... except the hybrid side is not for the camera it’s for the recorder.

Recorder will take either sdi cameras only or will take ip cameras only or will let you match sdi and ip cameras on the same recorder

And not changing camera output like what you think .

I asked why your looking at sdi and not cvi

Just to save your church money I would not go for old sdi

Cvi will work on your existing cables and goes from 2mp upto 5mp with no lag

Camera you listed is nearly $2k each cvi 5mp start from $80

Yes, I am interested in advice, why else would I post on this forum. Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive.

You asked a question I gave a answer you reply with over priced crap from China that is still not a duel sdi camera. Because they don’t exist.

Again it’s the recorder that is duel (hybrid) not the camera.

But since your fixed on old sdi tech good luck in your install ...... I would rarther save the church money than waste it

It does not matter how many time you ask your question the answer is going to be always the same.

I don't understand why it would be pointless. I want ip for its various advantages, but I want analogue specifically so I can project a live picture without lip sync problems.

I don't understand why it would be pointless. I want ip for its various advantages, but I want analogue specifically so I can project a live picture without lip sync problems.

It's pointless having a camera with two outputs .....too different formats.

So instead the industry uses hybrid .....which is better ...... Analog HD were there is no lag and IP for for anything else ..... But even just think about that ....why not just analog HD everywhere

But it does not change the fact that duel SDI/IP camera does not exist.

You have not even commented on 4mp cvi system which is also analog and is much better than old SDI.

Why do you feel the need to be so aggressive

Not that I have been aggressive (but I will be soon)

It's no one fault SDI/IP duel does not exist .....it would just be pointless you can disagree all you want it will not change the fact. And I'm sorry you don't like the answer.

I have given you a better option than your posted $2000 each SDI camera from China for something much better.

Know my rant......... You are your church tech guy ....why on earth do you want $2000 on each camera .... Why do you want to spend church money on old tech SDI China crap.

I think it's time your church found a new tech guy or at least get a CCTV company in to save themselves $1000s of wasted church money.

Put it into prospective..... Camera you listed for $2k EACH camera you could install 8 X 4mp cvi cameras and new recorder and have all cameras live view with no lag.

The money saving could stay with the church instead of wasting it

Know my rant......... You are your church tech guy ....why on earth do you want $2000 on each camera .... Why do you want to spend church money on old tech SDI China crap.

I think it's time your church found a new tech guy or at least get a CCTV company in to save themselves $1000s of wasted church money.

You do jump down my throat. I never said I was proposing to buy that camera, it was simply a response to being told there was no such thing and it appeared to me that that advert said there was.

I give up. I'll find a forum where the contributors are more friendly.

So what do you think about the cvi option

Gave you a good option yet you don't comment

Your mind is stuck on SDI .... Old tech .

Spit your dummy out because you don't understand or the answer is not what you want to hear

Be honest to your church and tell them to get a pro in

You don't even want to talk about how cvi works

Spit your dummy out because you don't understand or the answer is not what you want to hear

i'm not considering CVI because I want a network solution using the existing Cat6 wiring.

i'm not considering CVI because I want a network solution using the existing Cat6 wiring.

And why do you think you can’t use your cat6 for cvi

Since you started your post you have been talking sdi .... same thing will run on cat 6

You have just made a mistake in your last answer .... by not knowing what runs on cat6

And you think my answers are aggressive...... there not aggressive it’s I am trying to get a point across

You don’t want ip because of lag ..... we understand that

You want duel ip sdi cameras ......... don’t exist

You want system to run on cat6 ....... which cvi tvi sdi does.

So now we are back to your first question

Why do you want old sdi

And I think that’s a good enough question to start your post off again

And why do you think you can’t use your cat6 for cvi

Since you started your post you have been talking sdi .... same thing will run on cat 6

You have just made a mistake in your last answer .... by not knowing what runs on cat6

And you think my answers are aggressive...... there not aggressive it’s I am trying to get a point across

You don’t want ip because of lag ..... we understand that

You want duel ip sdi cameras ......... don’t exist

You want system to run on cat6 ....... which cvi tvi sdi does.

So now we are back to your first question

Why do you want old sdi

And I think that’s a good enough question to start your post off again

Just been reading up on CVI and I can see the advantage. Can you recommend video baluns that work well over ethernet. Looks like I will invest in hybrid DVRs - had your reply been a little kinder (rather than telling me I ought to be sacked) I might have got there quicker

Ok . So the question now is why you want hybrid

Because I would prefer to use ip cameras for most of the cameras. I have a number of reasons for preferring ip - PoE, ability to address individual cameras directly if necessary, and also I am Mac based and like a particular package called Security Spy.

Ok. So you want to build two systems and add a Mac computer

And then pay for Mac software fore each camera

Why ..... Cvi is dahua and already Mac compatable. With no extra cost.

IP comes in 2-3-4-5-8mp .... But cvi also comes in 2-3-4-5-8mp

Going some cameras IP you will need to take cameras to a switch so you can connect to recorder and also have the ability to send the data also to security spy and also pay to use that software

Cvi IP hybrids only needs you to load free software onto your Mac

Ok. So you want to build two systems and add a Mac computer

And then pay for Mac software fore each camera

Why ..... Cvi is dahua and already Mac compatable. With no extra cost.

IP comes in 2-3-4-5-8mp .... But cvi also comes in 2-3-4-5-8mp

Going some cameras IP you will need to take cameras to a switch so you can connect to recorder and also have the ability to send the data also to security spy and also pay to use that software

Cvi IP hybrids only needs you to load free software onto your Mac

I already have multiple Macs on the network and Security Spy is extremely well written and functional software by a British software author from whom I get first class support. I am prepared to p[ay a premium for that. I have used a lot of far Eastern DVRs and I find their UI curious to say the least.

Ok so no need to buy a hybrid

And I know security spy very well ...... So now your not bothered about realtime lip sink.

The dahua cvi software is Canadian not Far East and recorders are soon to be made in Canada for USA and Canadian market.

But all that said I think you have been talking about something completely different

And your problem was your post title

(A camera that supports IP and SDI) I still stand buy that is not made for CCTV and would be pointless.

Your post should of been SDI broadcasting camera which is not the same as SDI in the CCTV industry..

Broadcasting SDI something like Panasonic AW-HE60SN PTZ Camera (HD-SDI) which will not connect to a dvr or NVR. Or security spy.

If your looking at say .... Recording your choir and you want video and sound recording with no lag in video or audio then you need broadcasting SDI

A completely different format than any CCTV formats

Cvi tvi AHD or IP can give you realtime live view but if you wanted to record in those formats audio will be a problem in playback.

You are looking for two independent systems ... Security and live broadcasting system ..... Info for SDI broadcasting you should be looking at AV forums.

Panasonic and bosh SDI broadcast cameras we had a discussion on the forum about 6 years ago.

You would only need 1 SDI PTZ broadcast camera situated in the right location.

Ok so no need to buy a hybrid

And I know security spy very well ...... So now your not bothered about realtime lip sink.

The dahua cvi software is Canadian not Far East and recorders are soon to be made in Canada for USA and Canadian market.

But all that said I think you have been talking about something completely different

And your problem was your post title

(A camera that supports IP and SDI) I still stand buy that is not made for CCTV and would be pointless.

Your post should of been SDI broadcasting camera which is not the same as SDI in the CCTV industry..

Broadcasting SDI something like Panasonic AW-HE60SN PTZ Camera (HD-SDI) which will not connect to a dvr or NVR. Or security spy.

If your looking at say .... Recording your choir and you want video and sound recording with no lag in video or audio then you need broadcasting SDI

A completely different format than any CCTV formats

Cvi tvi AHD or IP can give you realtime live view but if you wanted to record in those formats audio will be a problem in playback.

You are looking for two independent systems ... Security and live broadcasting system ..... Info for SDI broadcasting you should be looking at AV forums.

Panasonic and bosh SDI broadcast cameras we had a discussion on the forum about 6 years ago.

You would only need 1 SDI PTZ broadcast camera situated in the right location.

I do still want to sort the lip sync issue so I probably have to go hybrid and forget Security Spy. My preference between Dahua and Hikvision is Hikvision. I have used Dahua DVRs and Hikvision cameras in the past. So I guess that means TVI.

I know it sounds like am always disagreeing with you but I could of said tvi in the first place .... The reason cvi will do the job better

Hikvision cameras are ok but you ask any pro and they would not install a hikvision recorder. Just scan the forum and the most let down recorder is a hikvision and that's the same on any forum.

Are you looking to play back your recordings with audio

I know it sounds like am always disagreeing with you but I could of said tvi in the first place .... The reason cvi will do the job better

Hikvision cameras are ok but you ask any pro and they would not install a hikvision recorder. Just scan the forum and the most let down recorder is a hikvision and that's the same on any forum.

Sorry about he delay but I am away working in Kenya and have not been keeping up with the forum. I am curious as to why you say CVI is better. As it happens the Hikvision cameras I have bought since our conversation support CVI as well, and likewise their hybrid recorders so I have the choice. One reason I like Hikvision cameras is because their ip cameras tend to be more Mac friendly than many e.g. one can access the camera from Safari without plugins.