Sign in to follow this  
lfcam132

Looking for residential security camera system

Hello, I am looking to buy a security camera system. The information available is very hit and miss and I would like the input of knowledgeable persons in the field.

I am handy with tools and can install any system myself I'm sure. I am looking for a wired system that I can set up for phone notifications. If possible for my price range I would even like one that I can manage/store video on a computer so I can backup certain sections of video to another location securely. Not sure exactly what I need resolution wise, the locations I want to monitor would be mostly within the 50 ft mark but more distance is always better. I would like to be able to recognize a person and a license plate at the 50 ft mark but some cameras would be much closer than that, is it advisable to get different cameras on a single system to bring down price point? I know for sure I would like at least HD and more than 2MP resolution at a minimum. I would like to keep the price at around 1000USD or less if possible to cover all these parameters. I have been searching for hours and the information is too basic and/or people asking the same questions.

Thank you so much for any advice on this field, I am new to it.

I would highly recommend using hikvision brand is one of the most important you can find

We provide cameras in Miami and we only use this brand because over the time it has been the best

On 12/27/2018 at 11:27 PM, dicsan1001 said:

I would highly recommend using hikvision brand is one of the most important you can find

We provide cameras in Miami and we only use this brand because over the time it has been the best

You talk crap ..... hikvision has been band by most countries for commercial use.

have you only come on the forum to sell ?

and also check on how old the post is ..... nothing worse than a desperate salesman 

I think you should be wanting also some  light bulb security camera, right? It should come with every security system. Light bulbs are much better than only cameras. I didn't know it but when I started searching online I found this guide https://geeklah.com/best-light-bulb-camera.html and it helped me understand how to provide my house the best protection. You may also check out the link or search online as well. Trust me, you dont need to try to save too much money on your house's safety, it's too important. 

More junk .....till someone switches light switch off by mistake. And another China 3rd party cloud for anyone to watch. 

And the pro and con shows it’s junk 

pro .... works in all weathers 

con ..... doesn’t work in all weathers 

?

0ABBADA1-572D-48B8-BC13-A70F0841BA04.jpeg

3 hours ago, pakcommunications said:

f you are looking for a new CCTV camera system for your home, look no further than these great deals.

Wow no wonder your spamming everywhere 

expensive 2mp crap