rory

Anyone know what this VOIP device is?

https://secure.btcbahamas.com/vibe/info/offer.php

basically VOIP is illegal here in the Bahamas, but everyone uses Skype and Vonage anyway, as long distance prices are outrageous here (4 times+ the cost of long distance in other countries).

Also, BTC is the government monopoly Telco company.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this hardware anywhere before?

They must be using a gateway like Skype and Vonage somehow .. perhaps they only offer the US,Canada, Switz and UK as thats the only 4 places they are running the VOIP software right now?

Rory

Weird no laws against drunk driving, but use a voip service and they throw the book at you!

yep, its tird wurld for yah ..

check this, a few years ago was attacked by a couple crackheads with homemade axes, and my brand new vehicle stolen, they only got 17 months in prison... probably were out in a year, to do it all again, and when they attacked me, they said they just got out of prison and didnt care if they went back.

My guess is that the govenment is trying to protect the local telephone monopoly.

But then if u used voip for international calls only it would be very difficult for them to catch that. For local calls the local telephone co would be able to detect voip area codes coming in on local calls if they wanted to.