313-313

Can’t find key pro error with system crash

Hello all

I have more than 15 Geovision gv1120A and B dvr card based win7 systems that all crashed at the same time on the 11th of April 2018. The systems keep on rebooting every 5 mins. It seems go program is trying to find the card and then crashes.

I called Geovision support and they asked me to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, default the gv system and repair the database. Apparently I cannot reinstall the drivers as the system just gives up.

I did not not have the patience after spending hours and my phone ringing of th hook non stop from customers. Eventually I just reinstalled the win 7 32 bit OS, installs the go card drivers and the GV system program. Everything installed fine and was working fine

I did this for three systems today, then later in the evening all called back saying that the systems run for about an hour and shut down completely.

I have no clue what’s going on and Geovision keeps on asking me to do the above mentioned process.

I suspect that the systems have been hacked and dvrs cards firmware been corrupted etc..

Do any of you know what would be the solution to fix so many system. I had been the victim of Dahua dvr hack and this is driving me nuts.

Hi. Everything comes to a end

Gv1120 cards are no longer supported .... it’s going to be like keeping an old classic car on the road ... every time you use it you will need to work on it.

Think it’s time you moved away from low resolution pci cards

PCI cards are a thing of the past

I agree. I wish I could. Since the systems are not working now the customers are forced to change to newer systems. But still don’t understand why all would be down at the same time.

I agree. I wish I could. Since the systems are not working now the customers are forced to change to newer systems. But still don’t understand why all would be down at the same time.

Hi. Problem could be windows update but with all going at the same time it sounds like a licence has ran out

It happend also in 2010 with some geo before they sent out a update patch.

To check if a licence has expired a simple test is to setup one of your systems .... but set time and date on your PC to 2016 and see how it runs.

Avermedia also had the same problem in 2014 systems licence ran out for internet. Only because users did not keep firmware upto date

Did That. it still doesn’t work. Do you think that I need to change the bios date

Yes sorry I did mean the bios date .........make your system think it's 2016

Fixed it as of now. It was a windows update that screwed up everything . Hope Geovision has a fix to this soon.

Fixed it as of now. It was a windows update that screwed up everything . Hope Geovision has a fix to this soon.

Hi that’s your problem no geo fix they are old analog cards no longer supported

Why would that be my or my customers problem. Shouldn’t they keep up with the windows security updates. Avermedia could release a patch why wouldn’t gv. They have to keep up with what they believed in (gv1120) about 4 years ago. There are several thousands of these still being used. Imagine what a nightmare this is for an integrator. Anyways I will call them Monday

Why would that be my or my customers problem. Shouldn’t they keep up with the windows security updates. Avermedia could release a patch why wouldn’t gv. They have to keep up with what they believed in (gv1120) about 4 years ago. There are several thousands of these still being used. Imagine what a nightmare this is for an integrator. Anyways I will call them Monday

Hi gv1120 is over 12 years old ... low frame rate and low resolution

It is not really fit for security these days ... so what is the point in supporting it any more.

It’s like beta max vs vhs. VHS won and then became obsolete because of digital.

Unfortunately you fitted these 4 years ago when they were just going out of date.

Moving on from pci cards to dvrs is something your customers would want.

Old pc running costs

Poor cif or D1 recordings are pointless now

7 FPS ...... we are upto 20 -30 FPS

It’s time to give your customers better and cheaper to run systems.