Sign in to follow this  
charlesrg

Face Detection on Camera

I'm looking for a Camera that can detect that there is a face in the image and upload the picture to an FTP or post over HTTP when a face is detected.

The camera should do Face Detection, not Recognition. I just want it to Detect and get the picture, I will handle the picture from there.

I've tried Dahua N44BN52 however the feature is very limited all I can do is trigger a record when it sees a face which barely works. I need to handle the picture externally so just recording is not enough, that for me is just a glorified motion detection.

Please let me know if any of you have seen this functionality.

Wondering if other vendors like Hikvision or others have better functionality in their face detection feature.

Hi. Your right hik or dahua don't do it right .... Avermedia and geo worked but the face had to be in centre of image before it detected the face.

Few years ago all domestic and light commercial recorder makers tried face detection and ended up not being a sales point

You will need to go with pro equipment and software to get good results.

Take a look at avigilon face appearance....... You will find videos on YouTube

Hi. Your right hik or dahua don't do it right .... Avermedia and geo worked but the face had to be in centre of image before it detected the face.

Few years ago all domestic and light commercial recorder makers tried face detection and ended up not being a sales point

You will need to go with pro equipment and software to get good results.

Take a look at avigilon face appearance....... You will find videos on YouTube

Nice that seems like a good solution however it looks like software based. I wanted to find a camera that could just detect that there is a face in the picture and give me the picture. The rest I will do. It's not for big corp live/death business I just want to trigger a song when I see a face in the camera. Optimally I could use to say: "Hello Mr James, looking good today".

A raspberry PI would do it, but the enclosure will be a pain. It will be much nicer to have a standalone camera to get the picture so I don't have to process every frame.