Sign in to follow this  
kev100

POE Camera Suggestions *BADLY NEEDED* !!!! ???

Folks,

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to find cameras with a certain combination of specifications. I really need these because there are going in multiple locations and I need all systems to be identical simply for ease of management.

I need the cameras to have:

-POE

-Built In Mic

-At least 1080p / 2.0 MP

-At least 90 degree wide viewing angle.

-Needs to have a native single cable install (cat) (baluns are not an option due to installation restrictions)

And....prefer, but not required:

-Bullet Type

-Small footprint NVR (e.g. only one ethernert port...will supply my own POE switch)

-Available on Amazon

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

-----------------------------------

Example of a Cam that is very close:

This cam works great (have used in another install)....has the 90 viewing angle, but no POE or built in mic.

https://www.amazon.com/Evtevision-Camera-Bullet-Weatherproof-Outdoor-Fits/dp/B01M8NNLIJ

These are the best, but they are not Bullets, being turrets they are more vandal proof and harder to notice.

https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-IPC-HDW5231R-ZE-Starlight-Eyeball-Network/dp/B07B7K1P28/ref=sr_1_1?m=A329YQ83EBQGJF&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1530654488&sr=1-1

Andy is well known on other ip sites and is a great seller.

These are not your general quality cams like you get from the box stores, these are actually professional grade.

I am putting these around my house with a Blue Iris system.

Kev, I agree with Papa, and also turrets are less likely to have a spider problem than bullets. Bullets with the ring of IR bulbs around the lens attract spiders which spin their web across the lens, setting off motion detection.