desieinstein

Starvis vs Hikvision

Hi everyone

I am due to fit a coax system to my home.. and am unsure if I should go with a camera with a sony starvis sensor IMX290, or a hikvision setup? The starvis system costs £150 more than the hikvision but can record colour at night.

The hikvision cameras I weas thinking of is: Hikvision DS-2CE56D8T-IT3

This is the starvis camera: http://www.247stock.co.uk/cctv-cameras/1080p-sony-starvis-cameras/sony-starvis-mini-36mm-lens-ball-dome-white

Hikvision system is around £200 and starvis is around £350, both with a 1080p 25fps dvr.

What reccomendations do you guys have? Is it better to go with hikvision?

You are comparing apples and oranges. Hikvision is a brand that manufactures many products, like cameras, which have a sensor inside. Starvis is a sensor manufactured by Sony, that is just one of the pieces that make up a camera.

That said, the unbranded camera you are linking doesn't look good at all, it's just a generic OEM camera. And I have no idea where you got that it can record colour at night; it has infrarred, so as soon as the infrarred kicks in, you will have black and white image.

Without knowing the prices I would prefer a DS-2CE56D8T-IT3 camera over a random unbranded camera any time.

And if the unbranded option is more expensive, even with more reason.

There are 100s of posts about gray market hik

Also your posted pictures ..... It has car park lighting ... That is not a true image of a lowlight camera.