Sign in to follow this  
JeffD

Camera's go fuzzy at night?

Hi Folks,

I hope this post finds all in good health, I have security camera's on my property, a basic system, all my camera's work great in the day light, however one of them go's fuzzy at night? a mate said he had the same problem and it was because of a weather guard i had over the top so it doesnt get wet...so I removed it and put another camera up with no "roof" over it to see if it would work with out becoming fuzzy, well it did the same thing and nothing but the stars overhead?? so.... do you have any suggestions to fix this problem??

rsz_cameras.thumb.jpg.4886874c7f3a934c2cd497ceb93053a1.jpg

Edited by Guest

If you need any more info let me know...I'm going to mount a camera on the shed you can see in the good photo tonight to see if being out by itself influences the camera's performance.

rsz_camgood.thumb.jpg.a3c1f344997bd6ee29ac2327b8cd9f2e.jpg

rsz_1lens.thumb.jpg.d334fec6fbde9d5a1593261df4d1ffe4.jpg

I moved to camera to an open space away from everything apart from the shed roof thats about 600mm below the camera.

I think there is enough information to hazzard a fix...hopefully, I'm so over it.

rsz_1tonightstrial.thumb.jpg.be48795ef74b74b768bd80bf4e15779b.jpg

Hi. It looks like you have two problems.

The first one was picked up from manufacturers a few years ago.

Ir does not work well with a white surround. You will need to paint all white areas covering the lens area with a Matt black paint or tape it but with nothing glossy

Your other problem is IR distance. I can see your cameras are mounted to high for IR to work.

IR needs to have a target which is why cameras have a IR range which can be 15ft or 50ft or something like 300ft

IR needs to return light back to the camera either by a object or the floor

Ok, thanx for your reply, the highest camera is the one that is working, as you can see it under the apex of my eve...will try matt black paint first.

I moved the camera away from the one facing the entrance, you can see it in the top left hand photo on top of my garage, failure again...blrrr. The bottom right is the view from that camera, you can see it's fuzzy.

rsz_tonightseffort.thumb.jpg.4595c27876768531b18bd5c3afedbb1e.jpg

Yes a saw your first image

Camera like yours were recalled 4 years ago because of the problem with a white sun sheld

Both hikvision and Swann sunshield needs to be black on lens side all white camera are like this now

460FD913-B674-4A2C-B2F0-458356BE338E.jpeg.b9fcbfb83d4a2dae20463d32203cc3cc.jpeg

ok, I will paint the front area of my camera and try it out, thanx once more for answering my post.

ok, I will paint the front area of my camera and try it out, thanx once more for answering my post.

and for tonight effort, it now has a matt black face. Thanx for the suggestions, I appreciate them.

rsz_camerafaceblack.thumb.jpg.074c2990bb5fa5694d592777c33e44f5.jpg

I often come back to my posts to to try and keep typo's to a minimum...so.....am I going crazy or has the face of this camera changed, yes we all know I painted it black, now take a look at the top ir sensor, its now different??

rsz_1lens.thumb.jpg.dde30bb36951811e1088e022c528079d.jpg

rsz_camerafaceblack1.thumb.jpg.e8f53aded24160e6615bec1ce0446bf1.jpg

I worked out what happened to the ir sensor, it was in the shadow of the hood, nothing strange about it...

I would say this system glich is sorted, thank you to all that took the time to help...

I hope this thread helps other in fixing their fuzzy problem camera's, once again thank you to all that helped. I will pull down the other camera's and paint under the hood and surrounds.

rsz_twilight.thumb.jpg.a8b1eb7d67b5b58e758a6028196de7cb.jpg

rsz_fixedcamera.thumb.jpg.9c7670ac1281f8e78718dae1e658d73a.jpg

Update, the top right hand corner is the original camera that was fuzzy at night, the system is working night and day now.

rsz_updateoncameras.thumb.jpg.001e98c02cac785ed6e9a44e9a9539e4.jpg

I had a similar (fuzzy) problem with an old Q-See system. The solution was replace the power supply. The Technician said the old power supply was no longer providing the demand from the LED lights at night.