Sign in to follow this  
mohammadpirzadi

Briton DVR lost HDMI/VGA output

hi everyone

last night suddenly my Briton 8CH DVR lost HDMI output and display went to dark and "no signal" message appeared on the monitor. I also tried to connect the VGA output of the DVR to the display but the same dark screen appered on the monitor.

different cables (HDMI/VGA) tested but the problem has been persisting.

help me if you know...thanks dears.

hi everyone

last night suddenly my Briton 8CH DVR lost HDMI output and display went to dark and "no signal" message appeared on the monitor. I also tried to connect the VGA output of the DVR to the display but the same dark screen appered on the monitor.

Hi. Your next step is to try another monitor and see what happens.

Do you still have remote view ?

hi everyone

I tried three monitors.but the problem persists. as I said, DVR was working and suddenly display went out.

hi everyone

I tried three monitors.but the problem persists. as I said, DVR was working and suddenly display went out.

Same question still applies.

If your HDMI output is 1080 and you are checking on 720 monitor it will not show anything.

Apart from no image what is your recorder doing ......is it starting up.

Is it connected to the Internet and if so can you log on to it

If your HDMI output is 1080 and you are checking on 720 monitor it will not show anything.

thanks for your valuable replies.

I think the output resolution is not the problem.because the DVR had been working before the monitor went to dark screen; moreover I tested another monitor but the problem never went away.

The DVR is not connected to a network.it covers a small area about of 180m^2 through 5 camears.

the DVR works and the indicator LED is ON, moreover its 1TB HDD is working properly but the monitor shows nothing.

I think the output resolution is not the problem.because the DVR had been working before the monitor went to dark screen; moreover I tested another monitor but the problem never went away.

The DVR is not connected to a network.it covers a small area about of 180m^2 through 5 camears.

the DVR works and the indicator LED is ON, moreover its 1TB HDD is working properly but the monitor shows nothing.

hi everyone

Hi. The output resolution can still be your problem.

If your unit is putting out 1080 and you connect to 720 it will not show anything.

It’s called out of range

Hi. The output resolution can still be your problem.

If your unit is putting out 1080 and you connect to 720 it will not show anything.

It’s called out of range

thanks for your attention.

Three days ago, while DVR was working well, the display went black. for this reason It seems the lost output is not related to the output resolution.

1-but if we assume the resolution is problem, how I can observe&change it? because I see nothing on the monitor (three monitors tested and nothing had appeared).

2-we suppose the output resolution is not the problem, what another problem do you think?

Three days ago, while DVR was working well, the display went black. for this reason It seems the lost output is not related to the output resolution.

Yes I figured that out from your first post.

The two monitors you tested after the original did not display .......are they the same make model and res ??

When you switch your dvr off and back on again does anything show on your monitor at all even for a short time ?.

Your dvr also has another output BNC which is unrelated to the HDMI and VGA .......have you tried that option

The two monitors you tested after the original did not display .......are they the same make model and res ??

When you switch your dvr off and back on again does anything show on your monitor at all even for a short time ?.

Your dvr also has another output BNC which is unrelated to the HDMI and VGA .......have you tried that option

no, the models are differnt.

when I switch it OFF and back ON nothing happened.but a thing that amusing me is that when HDMI output is connected to a monitor, the message "no signal" will appear on the screen. when the VGA output connects to the same monitor, it(monitor) goes to standby mode; it means the embeded indicator LED in the off/on button will be flashing till you disconnect the VGA port.

such output BNC does not exist on this DVR.

no, the models are differnt.

when I switch it OFF and back ON nothing happened.but a thing that amusing me is that when HDMI output is connected to a monitor, the message "no signal" will appear on the screen. when the VGA output connects to the same monitor, it(monitor) goes to standby mode; it means the embeded indicator LED in the off/on button of the monitor will be flashing till you disconnect the VGA port.

such output BNC does not exist on this DVR.

I upload three images of this DVR for better results.

photo_2018-10-25_04-01-15.thumb.jpg.9f27d7147f60890dfd67d36348edf81b.jpg

photo_2018-10-25_04-01-13.thumb.jpg.5367ed746d12f2f177eb094b69497182.jpg

photo_2018-10-25_04-01-11.thumb.jpg.752008159f3a7caea4b834040ffb98dc.jpg

Mr. Tomm is DVR's CPU damaged???

when I touch the cpu, I feel excessive heat and I think the lost output is caused by ruined CPU!

Hi. Your cpu is not fan cooled so yes they get hot that's standard.

You still need to try your recorder in a 1080 monitor or tv.

This is a common fault