Bluenose1940

Using a Samsung tablet

I'm wondering if I can use Hik-Connect on my Samsung tablet. I can access it ok on my pc by using internet explorer but, I haven't got IE on my tablet and I'm not that certain that it is available. When I try to access my cameras by using Google/Chrome on my tablet the system tells me that it's missing a plug-in and I'm not sure how to get it.

Any thoughts anyone please. Many thanks.

Hello folks, Thank you for your help with this. I have got things working by downloading the app but, the problem that I am still having is when I type in the IP address on the browser, this takes me into Hikvision but I still get the message telling me that I need the 'add-in'

Going down this route works fine when I use Internet Explorer on my computer but, as I said earlier, I can't get IE on the tablet.

Hello folks, Thank you for your help with this. I have got things working by downloading the app but, the problem that I am still having is when I type in the IP address on the browser, this takes me into Hikvision but I still get the message telling me that I need the 'add-in'

Going down this route works fine when I use Internet Explorer on my computer but, as I said earlier, I can't get IE on the tablet.

Hi. You have to use a app on your tablet .. it will not work just entering ip into tablet browser

Hi. You have to use a app on your tablet .. it will not work just entering ip into tablet browser

Ah, that sorts it then. Thank you for that. Much appreciated, thank you to all who replied.

search for the compatible app with your camera and install it. You don't need any browser to see camera stream, the app will do the work for you.

Thank you MichaelHarris259 for your valued input, it is very much appreciated. However, I am a 78 year old wrinkley and whilst I am reasonable at the techie stuff, i'm afraid a lot of it goes straight over the top of the old grey matter.

Your suggestion sounds very good but I wouldn't know where to start with the idea. Am I already there with Hik-Connect installed on my HTC mobile phone or are you talking about something totally different. Sorry to appear dim. Thanks again for your help.

search for the compatible app with your camera and install it. You don't need any browser to see camera stream, the app will do the work for you.

Thank you MichaelHarris259 for your valued input, it is very much appreciated. However, I am a 78 year old wrinkley and whilst I am reasonable at the techie stuff, i'm afraid a lot of it goes straight over the top of the old grey matter.

Your suggestion sounds very good but I wouldn't know where to start with the idea. Am I already there with Hik-Connect installed on my HTC mobile phone or are you talking about something totally different. Sorry to appear dim. Thanks again for your help.

Hi. The connect app link I sent you is your only option..

I don’t know why MichaelHarris259 has to turn a post into a puzzle