111jag

WatchNet XDDIII camera does not work with Lorex LHVB5A039352

I was wondering why my WatchNet XDDIII camera does not work with my Lorex DVR system?

Also, I used Cat5E cable and a video balun with my camera but I am not sure if the 24V AC/12V DC adapter is working. I checked voltage and it read around 10 V output, so I am not sure if it is broken. A regular 12V/2A converter does not work. Do I need to use a 24V AC/12V DC adapter for the camera to work? The camera did work on a NightOwl DVR8 Light, now it does not work.

Thanks,

Rob

I was wondering why my WatchNet XDDIII camera does not work with my Lorex DVR system?

Also, I used Cat5E cable and a video balun with my camera but I am not sure if the 24V AC/12V DC adapter is working. I checked voltage and it read around 10 V output, so I am not sure if it is broken. A regular 12V/2A converter does not work. Do I need to use a 24V AC/12V DC adapter for the camera to work? The camera did work on a NightOwl DVR8 Light, now it does not work.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi. It looks like your camera is not compatable LVH units are CVI only not analog

Hi. It looks like your camera is not compatable LVH units are CVI only not analog

Not sure what you mean. I am new to all of this. I had a NightOwl system with BNC cabling which I thought was anolog. The WatchNet camera did work on this system. I bought the new Lorex system that is compatible with using my old BNC cabling. I thought the camera would work?

Not sure what you mean. I am new to all of this. I had a NightOwl system with BNC cabling which I thought was anolog. The WatchNet camera did work on this system. I bought the new Lorex system that is compatible with using my old BNC cabling. I thought the camera would work?

Hi. A few years ago all what was available was analog BNC cameras.

Now we have HD analog which are megapixel systems ........ But a few versions came out .....TVI -CVI-AHD. All of which are BNC connection cameras .... The problem is a compatable DVR is needed to run these cameras.

Some DVRs will run all platforms some will only run 1 formate ....... TVI system or cvi system or AHD system. Some of the recorders will also allow old analog cameras to run .

Dahua LVH is cvi only. So will only run cvi cameras. ( that's how it was over a year ago)

I am not sure if I should be posting this here but below is a picture of the Converter I am using to power my WatchNet XDDIII camera on my old system which used to work. I am getting only 9.83 Volts out of the converter. Is it broken? Is that why my camera is not working with my old system? The camera said I need to use a 24V AC/12V DC power supply? Can I use a 12V DC/2A regular power converter?

The picture reads: Plug in Class 2 Transformer

MODEL: TRI-PIT 2440C

Pri. 120VAC 60Hz 50W

Sec. 24VAC 40VA

309789_1.jpg

you have to confirm your dvr type.

Some LHV don't take analog and some do.

Out of all your other cameras do any work on your new lorex

Yes 12vdc 2amp will work.

Yes some of the older cameras do work, some don't. Some were just chinese knockoffs. Don't know the brand names. It is just the the WatchNet camera used to work on my old system and now it does not. I connected it to a video balun to a single wire of each of the cat5e cable that I used for power. That may be my problem? Should I join 2 or 3 cat5e cables together for both pos and neg power and connect them to my video balun to help reduce voltage loss? Would this solve my problem?

Now for the power adapter above. Is 10 V output not correct? Is there a problem with the transformer? And that is taking the reading right at the transformer, not at the camera.