Sign in to follow this  
tedd

problems with POE

Hey all, having some issues setting up a new system i have just put in. i have 5 dome cams IPC-D12020 V5.5.4 i just plugged these in and they worked straight away. i have a turret cam that will just not play ball IPC-T120-D V5.4.6. I had to use SADP to activate this, but the issue i have is if i supply 12v to the cam its communicates fine with the NVR if i try and do it just over POE it does not even send power to it? just don't know what to do next. tried different lan cables etc but no luck.

The NVR by the way is a NVR-208M-A/8P V3.4.95

any suggestions?

Hey all, having some issues setting up a new system i have just put in. i have 5 dome cams IPC-D12020 V5.5.4 i just plugged these in and they worked straight away. i have a turret cam that will just not play ball IPC-T120-D V5.4.6. I had to use SADP to activate this, but the issue i have is if i supply 12v to the cam its communicates fine with the NVR if i try and do it just over POE it does not even send power to it? just don't know what to do next. tried different lan cables etc but no luck.

The NVR by the way is a NVR-208M-A/8P V3.4.95

any suggestions?

Hi. That camera is not Poe ....power plug only

oh god what a dumb ass. I need to return it then! unless is there some sort of splitter i could get that would split power and Ethernet at the camera end?

they look like they will do the trick. i am guessing the NVR will not supply any power via down the Ethernet cable as the cam is not telling it to so will need a separate power supply as well. typical i have already fitted it!!