I am using iDMSS in Spain for my Dahua cameras. I can access ok via iPad and iPhone while in Spain but when I go to the UK it “Fails to respond.” As I really need to use the system while away and in the Uk I wondered if anyone had a solution. Thanks

Hi. Lanza. While in Spain are you able to connect at home and away.

if you are on a mobile contract your service provider might restrict your data usage while out of Spain.

if you are with Telefonica you can get past that problem by buying uk data time ...it cost around €10 a month

does it work on wifi in the uk (broadband service ?)

Hi Integrator, sorry for the delay but new to the forum and hadn’t realised there were no notifications.  I can connect in Spain on 4g on my mobile using Vodafone to whom I am contracted in the Uk. Also connects on phone and iPad using wifi.

in the Uk I was able to connect once with 4g then nothing again on that or wifi. Once back in Spain everything back to normal!

No data restrictions on mobile or wifi.

37 minutes ago, Lanza said:

Hi Integrator, sorry for the delay but new to the forum and hadn’t realised there were no notifications.  I can connect in Spain on 4g on my mobile using Vodafone to whom I am contracted in the Uk. Also connects on phone and iPad using wifi.

in the Uk I was able to connect once with 4g then nothing again on that or wifi. Once back in Spain everything back to normal!

No data restrictions on mobile or wifi.

We have a place in Alicante and I am on Vodafone. And your right no extra changes for data calls or text. But you need to go to mobile data setting in your mobile and switch mobile roam on when in Spain.

but when you get back to the uk you need to switch mobile roam off. Then switch phone off and back on again and it will connect

Great and thanks. That’s about the only thing I didn’t try and not quite sure how it will work but certainly will give it a go. But how does this affect iPad which only works on WiFi? Any other thoughts appreciated as well.