Sign in to follow this  
Kartch

Hello from the past!

Hello everyone!  I used to be active on this board under the name Zyra Tech.  A long time ago my company was very active in CCTV installations.  We installed a ton of PC based systems (mainly Geovision at the time).  I have since spent many years since in a profession with a completely different focus.  I just was given the opportunity to help a previous client with a 12 or so camera installation at a commercial warehouse.  I've been out of the loop for so long I could really use some direction on what is a good system at a good price point.  I'm looking for the following in regard to the main unit:

- Around 12 cameras capacity

- need to be able to mask areas for motion detection 

- remote view capabilities

- ability to add storage as needed

I like the PC-based Geovision system back in the day because of it's flexibility and configuration abilities.  

What are the go to systems today that would be comparable?  

Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer.  I'm kind of excited to get back into CCTV even if only a little bit here and there.   

7 hours ago, SunnyKim said:

Forget pci cards as a option ... and sunnykim why do you still think pci is cost effective?

buy pc ... buy graphics..... buy hard drives....  high power cost   and you spend a lot and end up with a 2mp recorder.

2mp is old in analog hd ..... 

you can buy a good nvr for a lot less than sunnykims out of date cards.

kartch. 

Welcome back. Your right a lot has changed in the industry from the days of D1 and 540tvl .... standard analog has disappeared and replaced with analog HD over coax. Formats are known as TVI. ..CVI ...AHD. All good quality images but equipment goes out of date in 12 months.  Just in two years it’s gone from 1mp upto 8mp but there not backward compatible. 

Ip systems. And NVRs give your system a much longer life and are much easier to install. 

Mate you looking for home use or business?

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 1:57 AM, tomcctv said:

Welcome back. Your right a lot has changed in the industry from the days of D1 and 540tvl .... standard analog has disappeared and replaced with analog HD over coax. Formats are known as TVI. ..CVI ...AHD. All good quality images but equipment goes out of date in 12 months.  Just in two years it’s gone from 1mp upto 8mp but there not backward compatible. 

Ip systems. And NVRs give your system a much longer life and are much easier to install. 

Mate you looking for home use or business?"

Hey, thanks for the reply.  Sorry for being slow getting back to you.  Holidays and all.  Things really have changed!  It's great to see the advancements.  I would like to source out a system for home and a system for residential.  The one I and doing right now would be for a business.  Do you have any suggestions on good vendors and systems to look at.  You can message me if it's not allowed to promote anything.  I can't remember the actual rules.