Sign in to follow this  
henry457

DVR/NVR/HDVR/XVR

Please someone should kindly help me with training document on NVR/XVR/DVR/HDVR and the their troubleshooting documents.

Thanks 

20 minutes ago, henry457 said:

Please someone should kindly help me with training document on NVR/XVR/DVR/HDVR and the their troubleshooting documents.

Thanks 

Hi. What is it you are looking at doing and why. 

You are asking for something that could take weeks if not months to put together for you. 

I just got a new job with a security company.we do installation and maintenance of CCTV, burglar alarm,bullet proof door,etc.Am looking for any useful documents that can teach me how to install and maintain/troubleshoot CCTV.

How did your interview go ?

henry457  do you know anything of cctv .......no

henry457 do you have experience in maintenance of cctv systems .........no

henry457.   Congratulations you have the job. 

But again there is no documentation to help you as each install and each system is different........ to start off you are best getting all documentation from the system the company you got the job with installs. Or better still install one of there systems in your own home and learn how it works. 

Is the company not sending you out as 2nd man for a while ?

but if you want to do homework I would surgest looking up LAN networking as this is a big part of cctv ip systems and will get you further into the industry

good luck in your job

I already have knowledge in Cisco networking and linux.I do go for field work also.I just want to have something to study while am acquiring experience. 

Though the company is training me,I just want to have knowledge in CCTV while am undergoing my training.Am also a graduate of Electronic and Computer Engineering, telecommunication major.hence i have knowledge in telecommunication, computer, electronic,networking and linux

Edited by henry457

I don't think there is a CCTV for Dummies book, if that's what you're seeking.  I'm afraid you're going to have to learn it by web searching, asking specific questions on forums, and by doing.  Member @tomcctv 's suggestion was a good one: Install a system in your own home.

1 hour ago, henry457 said:

Thanks.please do we have any troubleshooting document/workbook for CCTV.

Hi. Sounds like you have a good background in IT. I would look at ip systems and how they work .... looking at Cisco networking is a help but goes off topic in relation to ip camera systems.

you can look all over the internet for troubleshooting but with so many systems and configurations every problem is different 

https://www.cbceurope.com/pdf/CCTV-Pocket-Guide.pdf

Thanks for the document.

For the past one week I have been on field work,I realized that most of the problems we have experience on CCTV are channel to the hard drive like

1. DVR restarting by itself

2.CCTV showing offline status on desktop

3.CCTV cannot be view locally, etc

Please is their a technical book or document or video that can teach me how to troubleshoot fault found on DVR/NVR/XVR/HDVR

For instance,

1.hard drive issues.How the can be solve

2.some channels in the cctv is blurred 

3.rebooting with flag (0*04)

4.Image view is very slow

5. The most important of all is when cctv get faulty,there was no data recorded within that period till when it is fixed, data lost cannot be retrieved

Any document or technical book or videos that can help me improve CCTV  troubleshooting skill