Swillman

HELP with nvr please

I recently upgraded my home dvr to a nvr i have 16 cameras and 5 monitors throughout property that had been run from bnc to rca adapter to monitor from the video output of dvr. My problem now is the new nvr does not have a bnc video output.. how can i convert the hdmi out back to sdi? I have tried hdmi to sdi converters with no success. Thank you in advance for any help

Hi. Splitting HDMI to 5 monitors will not be cheap.

are they monitors or TVs if a tv then it can be done reasonably cheap

but one thing to account for .....which ever way you go you will not have any control of system from monitors other than the main one.

They are smart tvs not looking to control them just monitor them like i have been doing for years prior to changing dvr

1 hour ago, Swillman said:

Should i look for a new nvr that has a BNC video output?

Hi. No the is a simpler way.

1 hour ago, Swillman said:

They are smart tvs not looking to control them just monitor them like i have been doing for years prior to changing dvr

Then as you have TVs that makes it simple  ........use a HDMI modulator to run signal down your existing coax

Thank you very much for your time and help. Is the modulator sonething that had to go on bothends if the coax or just one? And can you recommend one?

Hi. You only need 1 . 

I don't know where your located to recommend one ..... But if you google HDMI modulator you should see a few .....but I would say pick one with the digital screen on ..... Much easier to setup

you can also use it to arial to feed all TVs or your digital box