Sign in to follow this  
Quantum

Lorex (Dahua) LNE8974A - Awful

lol, well this whole discussion has been completely unproductive.  Y'all are clearly a bunch of Liberal Democrats, and can't seem to think.

There is no 'Onvif stream' per se.  You only think there is.  Onvif subsumes RTSP, and that is what I believe.

You can't access transport streams without ports listening.  I just skipped over saying the 'ports listening' part because I had overestimated you.

I can't run the Onvif viewer because as a dependency it wants to install a whole 'nother desktop which could conflict with my stable desktop, so that is not an option.  Can't you understand that?  I'm still waiting for a trial license from an NVR company that looks professional.

Lorex is owned by the RED CHINA government, but they are still using their association with Flir and are operating out of Canada, and so this gave them some credibility to me.  By the way, why did we give giant tax credits to outsource our jobs and transfer hundreds of $BILLIONS and decades of our research to RED CHINA?  Whose bright idea was that?

This has been nothing but a struggle and we are just not getting anywhere so I'm out.

On 5 January 2019 at 7:40 PM, Quantum said:

In addition to 554 the camera also says it uses 35000/tcp and 35001/udp, but nothing anywhere says what type of streams these might be. 

These are your typed words .............what type of streams these might be.

and I did say you might be embarrassed to the answer..........but hay we are all here to learn ........ 

38 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Lorex is owned by the RED CHINA government, but they are still using their association with Flir and are operating out of Canada,

Flir bought 100% of lorex  for  $59.mil in 2012 it also included Digimerge ..not association..... To get into the home market. It did not work for them so they sold lorex and its head office in Canada to dahua who before that were OEM to lorex only. Lorex was sold in 2017 for only half of what flir paid for it. Flir has no association at all with lorex 

56 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This has been nothing but a struggle and we are just not getting anywhere so I'm out.

That is because you don't understand ports vs streams ....... Auto or fixed iris

RTSP vs ONVIF/ h264 vs h265....... Or something as simple as ..... Your setup is not good enough to run 4K cameras...... And that is what this post is all about