phoenix1873

Cameras and NVR

I am a complete noob, so Is there any way I can connect my cameras through my router and bypass the wireless in my NVR

The NVR doesn't have the coverage I need on my outside cameras

I have a four camera Floureon system

Many thanks,

Graham

Hi. Graham.

it all depends if your system is wireless or wifi.

since you are having a distance problem from cam to recorder then I think you have a wireless system ... I which case no you can't add cameras to your router

it is a proprietary frequency system.

does your system look like this .

image.jpeg

it's a wireless system and you can access the cameras over the internet. The front says Floureon H264 Network Video Recorder. Is there any way I can get more distance?

Can I fit a signal booster or range extender?

Regards,

Graham

I left a picture on last post ...... Is that the same as yours.

22 minutes ago, phoenix1873 said:

it's a wireless system and you can access the cameras over the internet. 

Ok try this ......switch off your recorder and see if your cameras are still on the Internet .

its the recorder giving you Internet access not the cameras.

another test......switch off your router and see if your cameras are still on the recorder screen.

Hi. The one above also has two aerials.

so you have a wireless only system 2.4GHz..... No IP protocol 

so you can't connect cameras to your router.

you only have two options 

move cameras to get a better signal or move recorder to a better central point 

this is the problem with wireless systems .......spec range does not account for walls or what the walls are made from. There is not much you can do.

I'm really confused now.You say I don't have an IP protocol and yet the Cameras are and it does connect to my router so I can view them over the internet.;Is there any way of boosting the wireless signal, or will I have to scrap it and buy a DVR?]

This is the one I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floureon-1TB-HDD-4CH-Wireless-1080P-NVR-Outdoor-IP-Camera-CCTV-Security-System/272881671683?epid=4018827425&hash=item3f8903de03:rk:1:pf:0

3 hours ago, phoenix1873 said:

I'm really confused now.You say I don't have an IP

You 100% DO NOT HAVE a ip system. 

No you can’t boost the signal.

4 hours ago, phoenix1873 said:

You say I don't have an IP protocol and yet the Cameras are and it does connect to my router

Now the link you sent ...... which is the same unit I posted .... except black no white 

but read the camera spec ..... it says PAL ...... which means it’s analog....

you have a wireless system 

system just like a wireless door bell 2.4Ghz

your recorder connects to your router which gives you the ability to view on other devices 

Thank you very much I think I understand now. I was just confused because a guy on uTube was saying that he had the same system as me and he boosted the camera's signal with a repeater. He also said I can increase the cameras range by using the repeater function. I'll have to try that then. If that doesn't work i'll have to return the unit as they sell it as an outdoor system, but with my cameras outside they don't connect, The spec says they go through 2 walls 0-30 Metres. Mine has trouble going through 1 wall 10 m, maybe it's a faulty unit?

regards,

Graham

Graham you don't have a faulty unit ............this is something you probably don't want to hear.

wireless systems are crap .... And always have been .....search wireless on the forum and you will see the past 10 years wireless does not work.

the link you posted about same system ..... Let's break down the price.

£150 /$160 

it comes with 1tb hard drive ......... £60. That leaves £90 left for 1 recorder and 4 cameras ..... That's £18 / $20 each component ..... That is cheap junk.

The guy on YouTube is right...........but Floureon also sells IP systems (which yours is not) and you can boost the signal with repeaters.........cat5 cable is used.

you can not make a wireless system better. There are too many othe factors that reduce the range. ....... This is why they are cheap.

i would spend more time on a forum and learn a little about systems before you buy another....... It will save you money in the long run.

and don't buy from eBay or Amazon and the likes .....most is out of date crap and over priced.

buy from a uk distributor