Sign in to follow this  
Smileys

Need Upgrade. please advise.

Hello all, 

I have a gas station, car wash setup. Right now I have two 16ch dvrs with 18 camera Some camera are used on both dvrs with split bnc. 

First dvr is 10 year old16ch Revo dvr. I loved this dvr for years. still works fine but isn't hd.

Secondary unit is 3-4 yr hd/bnc Revo. I like the video quality but the search is Very Very slow and the search software is worst than older unit. Overall poor quality over older unit.  https://www.revoamerica.com/t-hd-16-channel-hd-security-system-with-1080p-ip-bullet-security-cameras

Thinking of upgrading the system to new Revo system. I am very much impressed with their tech support but then I have never used other brands so I will be open to the suggestions. This is what I have on mind. Has 35% coupon. https://www.revoamerica.com/revo-ultra-plus-32ch-4k-nvr-8tb-20x-4k-motorized-lens-audio-capable-cameras

Please suggest compatible/similar units.

I have mix of Revo analog and HD/bnc cameras. I believe I will have to discard all those.  Can I split ip cameras for two dvrs? seems not.

Only one narrow 120' conduit runs to car wash. Right now, I am using cat5 with balloons. The video was too weak so I am using boosters at the dvr end of cat5. Can I install the poe switch at car wash and back haul the video to in store dvr over cat 5? 

Reason for two dvrs, One is installed at the counter so that the cashiers can monitor live car wash for vandalism, some store cameras for theft. they have their own dvr and monitor where they can also watch video for quick evidence. Other dvr is back room with pos interface and camera for management. I could probably use two separate dvrs but some cameras need to be on both.

Please advise, Thanks

Revo only rebadge..... They don't make 

and prices are ridiculous.

why have you not asked them for 4K analog ? Same quality as IP .......but means you just replace cameras and dvr and still use your existing cameras and will not cost you $7k.

But if you go IP

6 hours ago, Smileys said:

Can I split ip cameras for two dvrs? seems not.

IP use NVRs ..... So your answer is yes you can and a lot easier because you don't need to run cables .....as long as both NVRs are on the same network you can configure each screen to what ever camera.

also 20 cameras with audio 

first you need to check with your state laws on recording audio.

second, audio will use up your HD space in days as it always records you only need audio at cash areas.

Thanks for the reply.

why have you not asked them for 4K analog ?

Good idea. Do you have any suggestion on any system. As much as i like Revo, I do not like their hd analog dvr I have. Too slow and cheap build with great video. https://www.revoamerica.com/revo-ultra-plus-32ch-4k-nvr-8tb-20x-4k-motorized-lens-audio-capable-cameras

Revo only rebadge..... They don't make

I had read somewhere that Revo was a IBM/Lenovo brand. Obviously you know better. Do you have a suggestion on a brand that could tech support me to get online once in a while?

I need at least 4 channels of audio. California is ok as long as you have a sign posted.

So the 4k analog becomes a dvr, Not a nvr, right? I guess I will be better of sticking to one kind. either.

I have also thought about doing a separate dvr for car wash only since wire runs are long and difficult, i was thinking a wireless. Only I wish it had more channels. https://www.revoamerica.com/revo-wireless-system-8ch-nvr-1tb-with-8-x-1080p-wireless-indoor-outdoor-bullet-cameras

45 minutes ago, Smileys said:

I have also thought about doing a separate dvr for car wash only since wire runs are long and difficult, i was thinking a wireless. Only I wish it had more channels. https

Your link is more crap ..... Infact that wireless system was discussed on the forum 3 days ago .......and it was $290 cheaper..... It's a floureon...... It is not a NVR its a wireless dvr.

if the range is too long for cable then wireless is no good .....and it will not have a 1000ft range.

53 minutes ago, Smileys said:

I had read somewhere that Revo was a IBM/Lenovo brand. 

Still makes no difference....IBM or Lenovo don't make CCTV equipment.

are all your current cameras on cat5 or coax..... Distance to your car wash is not a problem for either

are all your current cameras on cat5 or coax.

All in store around building cameras are coax. No problems. Runs to car wash and gas canopy on cat5, problems. Signals are too weak even after the boosters. They are also older coax on the canopies and metal building roof damaged of harsh weather. Need replacement. The wireless will be within 50-100'from dvr.  no wires to cook on metal roof in California heat though I will need 12v for each camera.

Is it possible to leave the poe switch on canopy roof and car wash room then haul back the signal back to nvr over cat5? I am exploring all options here.

Hi. In your first post you say 120 distance to car wash is that ft or meters 

1 hour ago, Smileys said:

Runs to car wash and gas canopy on cat5, problems. Signals are too weak even after the boosters

This sounds like a power problem as that distance is no problem at all for cat5 with baluns. How are they wired and what size power supply.

You are right. Gas canopy has 24ac cameras with motorized verifocal iris. Camera fades everytime motor kicks in+ low current. It's 24vac over cat5 also. No other alternate possible. canopy only has timered power for lighting.  The car wash has good power supply. I am sure that has to do with longer and comlicated video runs.