Sign in to follow this  
Kawaii81

Not able to view security cameras on SpecoOne app

Hello all, I hope I can find some assistance here.

I had a camera system put in December. I had to change my internet provider from AT&T to Suddenlink because of upload speed issues. I installed SpecoOne on my cell and was able to see my stores cameras just fine. I had service all throughout the Christmas and New Year holidays. Then all of sudden I am not able to view the cameras on the cell. I have not messed with any of the settings or the system.

I called my security company and they came out and - essentially I was billed 95$ for them to tell me that they couldn't do anything :*( , that the issue is with Suddenlink because they are locked out of the modem. I called Suddenlink and they said because I am using my own modem, they can not do any troubleshooting on it.

So I went home, got the info for my modem. Fiddled around with it for 3 days straight. I find:

TCP port - 37777

HTTP port - 80

RTSP port - 554

HTTPS port - 443

are open, but I cannot get the UDP port - 37778 open. When I port forward it on the modem and it still isn't showing open. Is there anything else I can check? The cameras are working fine, the internet has a good connection. I know I must be doing something wrong with the settings somewhere.

My modem is: Arris SBG6950AC2

The system is: Speco Technology NXP

For some reason, I thought I could do this, but I may end up having to call the security company again. But I want to know if this happens again, what I need do in the future. I am grateful for any help. Thank you! Thank you!!

Jay

Hi. Jay.

i think your security company .... Don't have a clue and I would ask for your money back.

i think you are going to find you problem is a simple fix 

you have not mentioned anything about static or DDNS IP service.

without one of these your system will loose connection after either a few days or a few weeks.

dont touch your router or recorder ....the problem is on the app.

when setting up it will ask to enter the external IP of your router. You need to check what is on the app and then check on your PC on what it is now by clicking on this link. Let us know if both are different 

https://www.whatismyip.com/my-ip-information/

On 1/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. Jay.

i think your security company .... Don't have a clue and I would ask for your money back.

i think you are going to find you problem is a simple fix 

you have not mentioned anything about static or DDNS IP service.

without one of these your system will loose connection after either a few days or a few weeks.

dont touch your router or recorder ....the problem is on the app.

when setting up it will ask to enter the external IP of your router. You need to check what is on the app and then check on your PC on what it is now by clicking on this link. Let us know if both are different 

https://www.whatismyip.com/my-ip-information/

Thank you for your response. I did A LOT of research and lots of trial and errors.... I SOMEHOW got it up and running. I STILL don't know how I did it.

But this is the last thing I did :

I had to add the DVR to the client list in the modem and then changed the ip address on the DVR to match assigned client address. 

I had done this 2 days ago and when I checked it at the store, it didn't work. For some reason I checked it right before I went to sleep last night and it was up and running!!! Then I checked it again this morning (to make sure it wasn't a dream) and it was good to go!!! 

I even added the app to two other devices!!! All this before 7:30 in the morning!!! WHAAAAT?!?!!? I'm hitting the adulting thing pretty hard in the face today!!!

Again, thank you for your response, I really do appreciate your time in trying to help me out. I hope my one and a half week of worry, misery, frustration, and stress can help someone out there!!!

I definitely will keep this forum on my address bar!!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Jay