cornacum

DVR + Cameras recommendations

Hi everyone

We are undergoing major refurbishments in the house and have decided to install 4 CCTV cameras around the house (1x facing back yard, 1x side of the house, 2x front of the house).

As per my instruction, the workers have run cables (CAT 5e) from each camera point to central point under the stairs where DVR will stand. The longest cable run from dvr is 20m.

I am now looking for advice/recommendations on the best solution for cameras and dvr/nvr etc. I have asked around and have been told that dahua HDCVI system is a good choice. Can anyone recommend a good system for best picture quality?

Many Thanks

Hi. It all depends on your budget .... hd cvi unit are good as well as tvi hd systems ..... problems is they go out of date quick..... two years ago we had 2mp cvi and tvi ..... next year 3mp now it’s upto 8mp but none are backward compatible 

also you are using cat5 so on cvi and tvi you would also need to power cameras and have camera power supplies for cameras. Also dvr and cvi / tvi will use more power.

you will find going ip will be cheaper much neater install as everything is from cat5 from camera to nvr (poe) ip is also backward comparable 

I would look at 5mp camera with a nvr

what is your budget

Thank you for replying.

Budget is not an issue since it is a small system I can honestly afford the better quality.

I wasn't sure if poe is as stable as a standalone power supply, but since you say using poe is neater, that sounds good to me as dvr/nvr will be visible in the house, under the stairs. The tider, the better.

Can you recommend nvr + cams for me? 

Thanks

We’re are you located 

dvr or nvr they are both standalone

under staires ...... is this like a open plan

some recorders give off a little noise so something to think about 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

We’re are you located 

dvr or nvr they are both standalone

under staires ...... is this like a open plan

some recorders give off a little noise so something to think about 

London, UK

No, the stairs are in hallway only, noise is not an issue.

See pic please (refurb works still to take place in that area + also there is plenty of cable slack)

Also, I will be looking to get some sort of rack as here will be located broadband router plus 8 way network switch)

rsz_20190117_173138.jpg

Hi.  That all makes sense 

yes i would go IP system 

just put rj45 plugs on end of your cat5 and plug direct into nvr recorder .... no need for power supplies 

what is your budget ?

also what computer system do you use 

windows or Mac 

• Like 1

Power is provided directly via NVR?

Is RJ45 also plugged into the camera directly or are the wires connected directly without the plug? (sorry, I'm only used to BNC connectors, am good with rj45 crimping thou)

My budget is £1k

I use windows (pc) and android (mobile).

If you know any potential practical racks for this project also please recommend.

Many Thanks again

Hi yes your right Rj45 both ends and power is poe 

and your budget is high  no need for that high.

rakes are expensive as you know .... we only use 2 or 3 a year and I have found the best place to buy from are  secondhand office furniture outlets 

had some good ones for £25 vs£350. 

Check your pm for nvr and camera recommendations 

tom cctv,

im interested in your rewccomendations on this subject,  any reason why you dont put the reccomendations on here for us all to see..?   just curious.

can you pm me the same please.

andy

Hi. At the time if I had posted the link ..... then op would not of got a rack at a good price. 

But it if your looking ...... then try your local staples store. 

Last week I picked up 5 Poe switches .... 12 sets of av 1000 gigabit power line sets for 100. All new in box

Not only are they selling there stock off they are also selling there shop fittings ...... all network and security including there rack mounts

as you know staples office is in administration and all shop close in the next few weeks