Sign in to follow this  
bounce

UPDATING Hanwha NVR to be compatible with latest light TPD & PHP

Hi

We have a hanwha nvr, and the router its connected to, is linked to a debit card machine.

The debit card provider has picked up on a scan of the ip that the nvr needs updating to be compatible with the latest light tpd & php.

Does anybody know how we do this?

Hi sounds like a scam 

first your credit card company would not have a clue on cctv or if needs update or not. 

If you are taking customers card detail then you Must make that side of your business more secure. 

GDPR  is something you need to look at. 

It covers cctv and cash management 

I would get a network guy to look at making your network for credit cards more secure. 

I would check with your recorder manufacturer if it does need a update and not take the word of a 3rd party who should not have access to your cctv....... who owns the internet side ......you or the credit card company

37 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi sounds like a scam 

first your credit card company would not have a clue on cctv or if needs update or not. 

If you are taking customers card detail then you Must make that side of your business more secure. 

GDPR  is something you need to look at. 

It covers cctv and cash management 

I would get a network guy to look at making your network for credit cards more secure. 

I would check with your recorder manufacturer if it does need a update and not take the word of a 3rd party who should not have access to your cctv....... who owns the internet side ......you or the credit card company

I see. Our NVR is apparently GDPR compliant.

If your credit card company can see it ...... as in telling you it needs an update .... then as far as a secure network ..... it’s not.

who owns the network you or credit card company