My05stang

how can i get long range wireless video

Hello, 

I have a issue that is a bit over my head.  I work for a company that has recently bought a piece of equipment to move our rail cars around with in our yard.   We are looking for a way to have a camera mounted on the rail tower and a monitor mounted in the cab of the Track mobile so the operator can see when the rail car access hatch is lined up with the rail tower ramp.   The distance between the tower and the Track mobile could be any where from 60 to 600 ft which is pushing  approximately 10 rail cars.  There is a wireless network at the office building with a cctv system but that is about another 300ft away from the tower.  So to the track mobile that pushes the distance to 900ft    I should all so say that it 100% line of sight no obstructions 

I was looking at Ubiquiti antennas to increase our wireless distance but that got a bit more technical then i feel it needs to be as we dont really need this tired to our NVR. I was just looking at the option more in line so a person could use a phone or tablet to view the camera rather than mounting a monitor in the track mobile.

I then found this unit on amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/Hikity-Updated-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B073Y1LKZG/ref=pd_cp_421_1

It seems like it would do what i want it to.  I would just need to build a weatherproof enclose to put the transmitter and power supply in and possibly find remote antennas.  The cab on the track mobile is all metal and I'm sure the single would get out much better with a remote mount roof antenna. 

So am I at lest on the right track???  Does anyone having experience with wireless stuff have a better suggestion or words of encouragement and guidance.

thanks in advance for the help.  

The range on this device is only 80 meters, 240 ft. Don't know whether this is going to work. For the price though and the fact you can return it, give it a try.

Oh shoot I was looking in the top specifications under transmitter and it said 1000 to 2000m.   Which i knew was a over-exaggeration by a bunch but was hoping i might get 2-300m.

Once I got down to the description down there I see where you saw 80m. Maybe I will get it anyway and give it a shot what do I have to lose.