Sign in to follow this  
rak313

NTP on hikvision DC2032

I have several hikvision cameras that i use with their free iVMS 4200 v3 software for recording video.  I set them to the same ntp server for time sync, but notice about a 1 sec variation in the camera clocks.  I assume this is because the cameras don't actually run ntp, and instead just periodically set their clocks to the ntp server’s time.  I find this a bit annoying, and was wondering if anyone has successfully loaded ntp onto the cameras, so that they are synced much closer together.

Thanks

Clocks are running differently faster or slower, in all different devices, Just as yours with your friend watch.

Your server can be networked to a world standard time, just as your smart phone. But your IP cameras are not, to our sorry.

That's one of disadvantages for IP camera system.

13 hours ago, SunnyKim said:

That's one of disadvantages for IP camera system.

there are many camera that do NTP 

but in the ops case 

having ip cameras stream to a recorder it is common practice to switch off camera time .... and the most important time is what the recording device is using and displaying of footage

On 1/30/2019 at 5:47 AM, tomcctv said:

there are many camera that do NTP 

but in the ops case 

having ip cameras stream to a recorder it is common practice to switch off camera time .... and the most important time is what the recording device is using and displaying of footage

The ip camera has an option to sync the time to an NTP server. Its just not using NTP software on the camera, and so the camera time drifts a bit in between updates. So i want to add ntp software to the OS on the camera, so that the time will be in better sync than about 1 second off.

Since the internal camera OS is linux, it should be easy to add ntp.  So im wondering if anyone has done it.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:37 PM, rak313 said:

so that the time will be in better sync than about 1 second off.

How long does it take to be 1 second off 

week month year ?

why do you want both displayed ?