mnedohon

Speco vs Bosch

I recently started working at a condoninium complex and was tasked with the assignment of researching a purchase of CCTV equipment proposed by two different vendors. Normally they have three vendors come in but one apparently failed to deliver their quote. Anyway, I need to deliver a recommendation to the board in 2 days. One of the quotes consists of Bosch equipment and the other camera system is made by Speco. Both systems have the same specs: 8 day/night camera packages, 320GB DVR w/ DVD burner, 17" LCD monitor, etc. Oh, yeah, and the Bosch quote is approximately 25% higher. I just wanted to know if anyone had prior experience with BOTH manufacturers and could make a recommendation. Again, I am specifically looking for opinions from those who have used both technologies. Please help me to make the best recommendation based on your experience. Thanks!

Hi, Basically Bosch is a Manufacturer, typically higher end, professional quality gear, while Speco is an OEM; they buy products from Asia and relable them with their name ..

Simply Bosch gear is much better.

Without knowing the actual products, its hard to tear them all apart and give you exact differences .. do you have model numbers or did it just Day Night?

There are many variations of Day Night ..with Bosch (as well as Ge, Sanyo, Panasonic, etc) you can be assured that it would be Day Night, with Speco and other OEMs, its hard to say, as they also sell alot of low light color cameras or Color IR (not the same as day night). They do also have a couple actual Day Night Bullets, but they still dont match the Bosch gear for image quality. And im not even a fan of Bosch, I prefer GE, Ganz, Panasonic and Sanyo ... but i Do know they make quality gear.

I also use to sell the Speco gear so Its an up and down ...depends on the model number. Dont get me wrong, Speco do have a couple very decent bullet cameras, but really thats about it ..

Also see the links in this sticky .. lots of Day Night related information ..

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6122

Rory

definitly give us the exact model numbers and specs provided. Because although in a bosch vs. speco head to head match bosh would win; the best speco vs the worst bosh camera might be a different story. But in all preliminary thoughts i would say bosch is your winner

I agree with Rory.

Also, I always like to compare product vs product, rather than manufacturer vs manufacturer.

No manufacturer make 100% great products so testing and sharing results are huge.

In short, no manufacturer is the best (that is why we carry many different brands and stock what we feel is the best from each manufactuer)

Bosch is in another CCTV category compared to Speco.

If I had to guess what they qouted ya...probaly some Dinion XFs probaly LTC 0495s....to keep the cost down they prob said Divar MR...and a UML LCD.

The DVR needs to be based on what you want out of it. what will they want to do with it....remote in, export?