Sign in to follow this  
Batdamon

Is this dvr enough for my camera's full capabilities?

I'm coming from an IP Camera setup but recently found out that you could actually stream the cameras' feeds from your dvr through the Hik-Connect App. Now I've decided to purchase a DVR/Analog Camera setup since they were a much cheaper option and decided on the ff models:

1. DVR (DS-7204/7208HUHI-K1)

2. Analog Camera (HIKVISION DS-2CE56H0T-ITMF) - 2 pcs initially but will probably get 2 more within this year

Now I don't know much about DVRs and was wondering if there would be any bottlenecks with my current/future setup? I'm planning on having them all working at their best possible resolutions but will eventually take it down a notch if my 25mbps internet is not enough for streaming.

48 minutes ago, Batdamon said:

if my 25mbps internet is not enough for streaming.

Hi. No need to take anything down .....your network is only used for remote viewing

with only using two 5mp your ok but I would look at adding later 4mp and even 2mp is small areas or you will need to drop FPS 

also remember you can use any tvi camera or 4 in 1 camera does not need to be hikvision

if you have not bought anything yet I would pic TVT over hikvision 

security industry had another report yesterday on hik hack

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. No need to take anything down .....your network is only used for remote viewing

with only using two 5mp your ok but I would look at adding later 4mp and even 2mp is small areas or you will need to drop FPS 

also remember you can use any tvi camera or 4 in 1 camera does not need to be hikvision

if you have not bought anything yet I would pic TVT over hikvision 

security industry had another report yesterday on hik hack

I see, I'll definitely keep this in mind when ordering another camera. I'm a bit worried about the recording though, my ip cameras all have a bit of downtime almost daily, nothing big like a few seconds or 1-2 mins but it makes me wonder how a single hdd ( planning on using a wd purple) would handle the workload of storing from multiple cameras? Or are there new technologies nowadays that mitigate such problems?

Unfortunately I already have 3 hik cameras at the moment and would be a bit troublesome to switch devices as I'll need to use another app. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll try my best to put any security measures to the best of my knowledge to try and keep it secure.