BRS

Will Hikvision Turbo-HD PTZ do Motion Detection

This is probably a daft question, if you know the answer but I don't and don't know who else to ask, sorry...

I have a Hikvision Turbo-HD DVR recording from static cameras on Motion Detection, which are great.

I want to get a Hikvision Turbo-HD PTZ camera for a particular job which part of the year is static, trained on a certain area and the rest of the year will be watching different areas not static.

My question is - During the time that the camera is static, will I be able to record footage on Motion Detection only ?

Is there something I should look for in the Camera Details or is it just down to the Hikvision DVR setup as for my other cameras ?

I have a Hikvision PTZ camera in mind (DS-2AE4225TI-D(C) but can't see anything in the details which says it won't do the job, however, most people would buy a PTZ camera to be recorded continuously.

I have noticed some new cameras have Smart things that they can do, like Face Detection but they are more money than I can justify on this task.

Any information would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi. You are right .... while your ptz is static then yes motion detect will work. 

You can also use the motion detect from a static camera to command your ptz to go to a location

Brilliant.  Thank you 'tomcctv' for your swift reply and help.  I'll get it bought and installed.  :-)