Sign in to follow this  
alpalp

Camera recommendation - $100 to $200

Hello!

I am searching for a IP camera that i will use with a NVR.

Which IP camera do you recommend? Price range 100-200USD.
Requirments:
-Outdoor usage
-Good night vision, it will get dark very early here.
-Wired PoE

THANK YOU FROM SWEDEN!

oh, that sucks!

So you mean if i buy a NVR that only records 2MP it will not be compatible with a 4MP or 4K camera?

I think 1080p is enough.

Thank you tomcctv!

1 hour ago, alpalp said:

oh, that sucks!

So you mean if i buy a NVR that only records 2MP it will not be compatible with a 4MP or 4K camera?

I think 1080p is enough.

Thank you tomcctv!

Yes that's right 

what will you be using the system for ...home or business use ?

• Thanks 1

Home!

I am thinking about Ubiquiti NVR, or maybe BLUE IRIS on windows. But i really really dont want to touch windows again.

What should you choose? :)

Ubiquiti is expensive and out of date. Plus remember you need to run along side a PC ..... It has no monitor output 

qvis uk sells well in Sweden...... And the viper NVR is one of the best on the market now.   NVR is compatable 720p upto 4K so a long time before its out of date 

• Thanks 1

Aside from NVR compatibility, when I did my research I found the low-light camera to beat is still the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 2MP Starlight.  Outdoor usage: Check.  Good low-light performance: Check.  PoE: Check.  $100-$200 USD: Check.  It's manual pan/tilt.  It has motorized zoom.

I'll be using mine with Synology NAS Surveillance Station software... maybe.  (Their notification mechanism is currently thoroughly broken.  If they don't get it fixed, I'll have to find another solution.)

N.B.: I have not installed this camera yet.  It's wintertime, here, and I don't feel like hacking on our vinyl soffits and crawling through the attic in sub-freezing temperatures, or tracking snow, slush and mud all over creation.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alpalp said:

But i really really dont want to touch windows again.

28 minutes ago, alpalp said:

Thank you!

What about BLUE IRIS? On another forum, everybody recommends that software.

Thank you all for your tips! It really helps me alot, thanks! ?

You will need to with blue iris

there is a fee for both blue iris and using there app

how many cameras are you looking for

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, alpalp said:

Thank you!

What about BLUE IRIS? On another forum, everybody recommends that software.

Thank you all for your tips! It really helps me alot, thanks! ?

You're welcome.

As for Blue Iris: I can't help you.  I try to avoid MS-Windows.

As for the "other forum": If it's the forum I think it is you'll notice they sell BI ;)

• Thanks 1

Yes i know, I think that sucks. To have a home PC as a server. :(

I think I will try to search tomorrow for a plug&play hardware NVR.

Do you guys recommend something?

I'm sorry, alpalp, but I do not have a recommendation for you.  Some of the more experienced guys here I'm certain might have.

A lot of people like BI.  Maybe it's great.  But I don't trust MS-Windows any further than I can spit, so I'll never know.  If one of the Linux flavours is your thing, possibly Blue Cherry DVR?   I may give that a go if things don't work out with Synology.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alpalp said:

Yes i know, I think that sucks. To have a home PC as a server. :(

I think I will try to search tomorrow for a plug&play hardware NVR.

Do you guys recommend something?

Thank you alot!!!!

EDIT: You are right, they sell BI, omg. Is everybody there a seller? Maybe thats why they ban people that talks about Xeoma surveillance software!! lol, what a joke. =(

Actually, if you want to be precise, they have been selling blue iris for a few months.  Blue iris have been recommended on that site for 5 years before they sold blue iris. Furthermore, when you posted the same question on the site, one of the owners recommended NXwitness to you - they dont sell NX. There goes your conspiracy theory. Why would he do that? There are also subforums there for Milestone, zoneminder, ispy and sighthound. They dont sell any of those. They also sell rebranded hikvision NVR's, yet those were not recommended to you. Again your conspiracy theory fails.  Blue iris recommended because its exceptional and low priced. 

Xeoma is banned because Xeoma has paid and still does pay users to write fake reviews. - this is explained on the site. Note also that Xeoma is Russian - trust them like you trust the Chinese. 

• Confused 1

"You have been banned for the following reason: Banned for lying about xxxxxtalk.com on cctv forum. That will NOT be tolerated."

Wtf? I did not lie about anything, I am trying to choose a good NVR for my home installation. And because Cortian wrote that "have you notice they sell BI" i got confused and asked about it. What a low level this is.

I think you should ban hd908  what a racist writing. "They are russian, trust them as you trust chinese"
That has nothing to do with anything with where they come from. Chinese people have never ever lied to me, Russian has lied but Americans have made much more worst things. That dont mean i go arround and tell you to not trust Americans. Every individual person is different.

Omg, like I said. This is really low level here, I am sorry for that!

5 hours ago, alpalp said:

"You have been banned for the following reason: Banned for lying about xxxxxtalk.com on cctv forum. That will NOT be tolerated."

Wtf? I did not lie about anything, I am trying to choose a good NVR for my home installation. And because Cortian wrote that "have you notice they sell BI" i got confused and asked about it. What a low level this is.

I think you should ban hd908  what a racist writing. "They are russian, trust them as you trust chinese"
That has nothing to do with anything with where they come from. Chinese people have never ever lied to me, Russian has lied but Americans have made much more worst things. That dont mean i go arround and tell you to not trust Americans. Every individual person is different.

Omg, like I said. This is really low level here, I am sorry for that!

You and your bans. Relax, its not about being racist. The chinese have been installing backdoors in their cameras for years. Why would you not think the russians would. Do you work for Xeoma? You mentioned them out of the blue and now you are all upset because they are being called out for fake reviews and being Russian.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, larry said:

sounds like we got a visit from boogieman aka fenderman aka hd908 aka ? other members...

hd908 seems too relaxed to be boogerman/fenderman. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, hd908 said:

You and your bans. Relax, its not about being racist. The chinese have been installing backdoors in their cameras for years. Why would you not think the russians would. Do you work for Xeoma? You mentioned them out of the blue and now you are all upset because they are being called out for fake reviews and being Russian.

It feels like ipcam talk is full of 15 year old teenages that needs to get banned and give room for more serious people.

I have used xeoma before, thats why i wrote about them. lol !

Backdoors? Come on, I dont want to talk politics here but you cant blame a whole country for 1 company or 1 individual.
It will just result in paranoia.

Example: I think you are American, CISCO has backdoors in there stuff.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cisco-backdoor-hardcoded-accounts-software,37480.html
That means I cant trust you, because you are from US.

Just stop this childish stuff!

9 minutes ago, 51cent said:

hd908 seems too relaxed to be boogerman/fenderman. :classic_biggrin:

Who is this guy? I got banned from that forum because I wrote here. And it seems like everybody on that forum knows he is having aggression problems. omg

If you haven't put it together yet; hd908 is fenderman (owner/admin) from the forum you got banned from and he can't be removed from this forum because he keeps coming back. 

It is interesting that he would make that comment about the Chinese though considering they (his site) sells rebranded Hikvision products.

I will clean this topic up and close it to new comments so we all can get back to the true purpose of this forum; helping everyone.