alpalp

Best low light vision IP camera, budget 200USD?

2 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Also a very good valid point ...... a lot of websites call it zoom and people think it’s like a zoom camera 

motorised lens is only used for setting up the camera and nothing else 

also it would save the op money if did not have it .... he would  save $40 

also buying sd camera to work on nvr another waste

I only need the zoom to setup the camera like i want it. So that is perfect.

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, alpalp said:

I only need the zoom to setup the camera like i want it. So that is perfect.

Thank you!

But it’s not a zoom it’s a motorised lens

just the same as varifocal lens.  NO ZOOM

alpalp ..... look at lens type on spec

and again it’s only 2mp ...... nvr zoom is always better with a bigger mp camera ..... twice as much detail in a 5mp  far better image and eptz control twice as much as your link

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Wow ... what did you say you used to do and I did say don’t compare photo cameras 

but your not doubling the pixel size.... your adding more pixels into the same area ....... pixels we need to temp call them information for you to understand

What I did for a living once-upon-a-time was design software for machine vision inspection systems, so I know just a little >< about how photo imaging sensors work.  And, yes, digital camera photography is one of my lesser side-hobbies, so I know something of how that technology works, too.  You can insist that photographic cameras not be brought up, but that doesn't change the fact they use essentially the same technology and are guided by the same laws of physics (as we currently understand them).

"your [sic] adding more pixels to the same area...": Bingo!  And more pixels in the same area means the pixels must be smaller.  QED.

and don’t you call pixels big or small let’s say more and less  to keep it simple  

Tom, the pixel size directly relates to its light sensitivity.  That's the whole point of this discussion.

pixels are information the more there is the better ....

Provably false.  (I've already explained why.  I'm not going to repeat myself.)

starlight which is a complete different sensor and developed by dahua and now licenced out the everyone ...

It is?  Please show us the ™ or ® mark on Dahua's use of the term "starlight."  Please show us where Dahua's technology licensees are acknowledging the use of Dahua's patented startlight technology.

You cannot, because "starlight" is a generic term for imaging sensors and surveillance cameras that perform better than others in low-light conditions.  This is evidenced, for example, in this Bosch press release: Bosch introduces latest starlight technology - The ultimate 24/7 IP video surveillance cameras just got even better, where "starlight" is mentioned with no attribution.

And Dahua is using Sony STARVIS sensors, as demonstrated, for example, by Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5231R-ZE - 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera and other Dahua Starlight products which also prominently mention using Sony STARVIS technology.

I'm not going to argue this with you any longer.  I have design background, technology experience, facts and documentation on my side.  You have beliefs based on what is apparently an incomplete understanding of the technology, which is now leading you to contradict yourself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cortian said:

Provably false.  (I've already explained why.  I'm not going to repeat myself.)

So your saying pixels are not information ......your saying more pixels is not more information IE detail 

Please show us the ™ or ® mark on Dahua's use of the term "starlight." 

Listen I will let someone else answer your question .....just so you know it's not false.  Starlight belongs to dahua ..... And I will give you a little clue .....it was developed by dahua and flir 

I'm not going to argue this with you any longer.  I have design background, technology experience, facts and documentation on my side.  You have beliefs based on what is apparently an incomplete understanding of the technology, which is

You cannot, because "starlight" is a generic term for surveillance cameras that perform better than others in low-light conditions.  This is evidenced, for example, in this Bosch press release: Bosch introduces latest starlight technology - The ultimate 24/7 IP video surveillance cameras just got even better, where "starlight" is mentioned with no attribution.

Read your post again ........and also understand starlight was put out to licence to anyone who pays licence fee to dahua .......just like your post above ....Bosch INTRODUCES latest starlight technology      Only means there use it in there products.... Which is what I said most now use it

I'm not going to argue this with you any longer.  I have design background, technology experience, facts and documentation on my side.  You have beliefs based on what is apparently an incomplete understanding of the technology, which is now leading you to contradict yourself.

You don't have design background in CCTV .....  

and if you have facts like you say that starlight is just a generic term .... Post it 

you have no clue about pixels ..... No clue on chip or sensors.

1 hour ago, alpalp said:

Okok, everybody please dont lose more time on this.

Its Sunday, funday ;)

I agree, to each his own opinion. People can investigate and decide for themselves.

Please allow me to add 2 cents.

We can say that 5 MP has better video quality when the enough light is provided, if all other condtions remain the same. As to low light performance,  please be noted that most mega pixel sensors are of CMOS type and Electronic Rolling sensor.

The sensors are supposed to spit out pixel values in a certain amount of time. The more pixels, the shorter time interval to transfer the charged electronic value (after gain amplified), for every frame. Thus, the more prone to electronic noises, leading to a poor video.  If all conditions remain the same, 2MP is better than 5 MP, in terms of low lighted performance. And 5 MP needs more storage space.  It could be a waste for the much blurred video. To add one more comment, 5 MP might be too many pixels for analog modulation method for coaxial cable.

1 hour ago, SunnyKim said:

5 MP might be too many pixels for analog modulation method for coaxial cable.

See how people get stuck on bad information..........so what about 8mp 4k over coax 

And 5 MP needs more storage space

Just an excuse ..... might loose a day 

The sensors are supposed to spit out pixel values in a certain amount of time. The more pixels, the shorter time interval to transfer the charged electronic value (after gain amplified), for every frame. Thus, the more prone to electronic noises, leading to a poor video.

The old way moving sensors for b/w 

new cameras don’t .... it’s moved on we’re talking colour 24/7

but if the op wants to buy low quality and old tech  and pay over 

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:
2 hours ago, SunnyKim said:

5 MP might be too many pixels for analog modulation method for coaxial cable.

See how people get stuck on bad information..........so what about 8mp 4k over coax 

8MP camera could be IP camera with properly impedance matched, or very much blurred, nothing worth.

3 hours ago, SunnyKim said:

And 5 MP needs more storage space

Just an excuse ..... might loose a day 

Hmmmm, I would say Too much blurred video does not require much of storage space. But not worth of any bits.

3 hours ago, SunnyKim said:

The sensors are supposed to spit out pixel values in a certain amount of time. The more pixels, the shorter time interval to transfer the charged electronic value (after gain amplified), for every frame. Thus, the more prone to electronic noises, leading to a poor video.

The old way moving sensors for b/w 

new cameras don’t .... it’s moved on we’re talking colour 24/7

but if the op wants to buy low quality and old tech  and pay over 

It does not make a sentence, 

You may check out why Chinese Smart phones claim more pixels, say, 20MP,  while iPhone is limited to less than 12 MP(?????) 

47 minutes ago, SunnyKim said:

It does not make a sentence, 

You may check out why Chinese Smart phones claim more pixels, say, 20MP,  while iPhone is limited to less than 12 MP(?????) 

What the hell have smartphones got to do with it ..... just the same as pointless comparing photo cameras ..... not the same tech. 

Thats my point 

@tomcctv ...the most knowledgeable on this forum? Seriously? Dude, from what you wrote in this thread, it looks like you have absolutely no knowledge in topic. You have been given links to certain information by other users, but you haven't even spent a second to read this. There is no such thing as pixel size? It's like saying "The Earth is flat, because it looks like flat". Starlight is Dahua's technology? I can't choose if to laugh or to cry. I could give you plenty of links to prove you are wrong. But I know it's useless, because you won't read any of these. If not the number of posts under your avatar I would think you are just trolling. Buy it seems you really believe in what you write. That is sad.