Sign in to follow this  
Lester BC

Video Cables

I have ordered a SANSCO wired system and it looks like I will need a longer  video cable. Do most  systems use the same type of cable or should I just try to find a Sansco cable?

Thanks

Thank you Larry. Yes it is a new system and I am new to security systems.  Just further wondered if those in house wire cat cables would work as this would save drilling holes in the house?

I have never owned a system before so it is new to me. The cameras come with  cables but they are around 65 feet long and my main camera will require about 85 feet. (the system has not arrived yet from Amazon) I just figured it would help to buy a longer cable in advance.  The only cables this company advertise are in sets of four and I only need one..

Bryan

Hi from your link it looks like a coax system 

one problem with the wire kits with these systems is there not coax and are very poor quality and give power problems .... increasing your distance these wire kits give problems as wire is too thin. 

You have two options but rg59 shotgun cable  (coax and power together) but then you will have to learn how to crop on bnc plugs and buy the tools 

or you can buy cat5 which is much smaller and beater and use baluns at each end  cat5 will carry more than one camera you can attach two plus power ....so if you have two cameras in one area it looks neater