Sign in to follow this  
Batdamon

Need help on purchasing a cable for my camera

I have a DS-2CE56H0T-ITMF Hikvision Camera and was wondering what kind of cable should I purchase. Traditionally, I've seen old analog cameras have these siamese cables but while searching a bit, I've seen that Hikvision's Turbo HD analog cameras can now be run with a single rg59/rg6 cable. I just wanted to make sure I've understood that correctly and if my current camera will be able to use that technology. This is the cable I'm planning to buy: (https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/i223557730-s294870348.html) and my dvr just in case HIKVISION DS-7204HUHI-K1

Also, how would audio be transmitted? I don't know a lot about rg59/rg6 cables but is it like an hdmi cable wherein they can carry audio as well?

It is confusing hikvision can’t keep anything simple  ... hikvision turbo 4.0 is stated to be POC  ... that is not the case when you look at specs  .... take your model number 

HIKVISION DS-7204HUHI-K1 

why do hikvision find it so hard to to simply add POC at the end 

HIKVISION DS-7204HUHI-K1 -POC

same with the comparable cameras

if you are installing your system coax with power (shotgun) is just the same as feeding coax and does not leave your system to being POC only

poc systems you can’t use existing cameras if you have a problem you can only replace with POC proprietary systems are pointless and don’t stay on the market long

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

It is confusing hikvision can’t keep anything simple  ... hikvision turbo 4.0 is stated to be POC  ... that is not the case when you look at specs  .... take your model number 

HIKVISION DS-7204HUHI-K1 

why do hikvision find it so hard to to simply add POC at the end 

HIKVISION DS-7204HUHI-K1 -POC

same with the comparable cameras

if you are installing your system coax with power (shotgun) is just the same as feeding coax and does not leave your system to being POC only

poc systems you can’t use existing cameras if you have a problem you can only replace with POC proprietary systems are pointless and don’t stay on the market long

Exactly, and what's even more confusing is that they state poc on some cameras on the same line like this: https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Analog-Camera/Turbo-HD-Camera/5-Mega-Pixels/Outdoor-Dome/DS-2CE56H0T-ITME. I think I have to personally contact them first for clarification. Thanks for the help.