Sign in to follow this  
SunnyKim

Chinese Surveillance System Manufacturers

Yeah that is the latest trend here in the US.

Although in regards to Dahua and Hikvision;  most government employees won't be knowledgeable enough to know that their supplier might be selling them a rebranded system.

They're to be banned for use by government agencies and, I would expect, private businesses performing sensitive work for government agencies.  They're not banned outright.

However: This is a black eye for those manufacturers.  Many companies will look at this and think "If it's not good enough for the government, it's certainly not good enough for me."

I wonder if any non-Chinese tech firms will see this, realize they're being presented with a tremendous gift, and jump to take advantage of it?

Btw: As far as we know, Dahua was simply guilty of poor security practices, as opposed to actual intentional nefarious activity.  This is why I'm willing to give them a pass--with safeguards.

Not banned outright until August 2019 then imports will be a problem 

32 minutes ago, Cortian said:

They're to be banned for use by government agencies and, I would expect, private businesses performing sensitive work for government agencies. 

They messed up last month ..... now homeowners are starting to see the security problems and being warned 

setting up for internet with there own passwords and usernames and one day logging on only to find someone else’s system 

one couple have found there home cctv system showing live on a website

its not just a government problem it’s a homeowners problem which is worse 

security cctv should not involve a 3rd party 

• Like 1