Cam Era

Recommendation for Battery Operated Wireless IP

Hi. New here and need advice please.

Have a property in Cyprus that I'd like to fit cameras around the perimeter. Because of the way they are built, all brick and concrete, it's very difficult to pass cables through and I don't really want to run trunking or conduit around the whole property.

Can anyone recommend any wireless, battery operated cameras that can also record to a cloud or NVR. Something that can be put up and set up via ip address and monitored via an app from overseas. Battery would need to have a decent lifespan too.

Thanks for your help.

Cam.

Hi. Yes there are cameras like that. 4g solar but expensive and expensive to run. 

But what you are asking for is everything installers will tell you to stay away from.

you are looking for wireless battery which means your network wireless must have a good range 

cloud systems .. cheap wireless systems you can bet go back to China server .... never a good thing or reliable 

cable is is the best way with your own recorder 

how big is your property.... can you see around your land standing at the house

i would take your time and it will save you money 

26 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Yes there are cameras like that. 4g solar but expensive and expensive to run. 

But what you are asking for is everything installers will tell you to stay away from.

you are looking for wireless battery which means your network wireless must have a good range 

cloud systems .. cheap wireless systems you can bet go back to China server .... never a good thing or reliable 

cable is is the best way with your own recorder 

how big is your property.... can you see around your land standing at the house

i would take your time and it will save you money 

Thanks for your reply @tomcctv

I have a Hikvision system at home in the UK all fully wired & powered with 4 cams & NVR but that was a relatively straight forward install. I would also much prefer to use the same in the Cyprus property.
The property in Cyprus is built out of concrete & bricks with no cavities, loft space, or soffits etc, to easily run cables around the perimeter, which is why i'm looking for an easy screw up cam & go option. I have all tools for doing it hardwired including network plug & cable crimp tools & testers etc but just not an easy job to do without running a type of enclosure all the way around the property which will be an eyesore & still leaves me with how to get to an electrical point to power & TV/screen to view from NVR. This will end up damaging some walls etc & again, unsightly trunking or conduit inside the house.
I wouldn't like to go solar even though there are 300 days of sunshine a year out there so looking at a rechargeable battery option similar to one of the ring doorbells on the market. Drop out & charge overnight & replace. I'm just hoping there's an easy magical answer from a unicorn option which is why i enquired. :-)
I have considered POE cams but again the wiring is the problem.

Ok it makes sense to stay with hikvision and have your home and villa on same system. 

But again wireless systems don’t work and are nothing but problems 

with cat5 why do you think the only way is around the wall so you can see the cable ?

also hikvision do a tiny ptz the size of palm of hand which means it can protect the area you want but from a different camera position so no hard cable runs 

also staying with hik you can also record cameras at uk home which does away with your cloud needs and control the cameras

31 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Ok it makes sense to stay with hikvision and have your home and villa on same system. 

But again wireless systems don’t work and are nothing but problems 

with cat5 why do you think the only way is around the wall so you can see the cable ?

also hikvision do a tiny ptz the size of palm of hand which means it can protect the area you want but from a different camera position so no hard cable runs 

also staying with hik you can also record cameras at uk home which does away with your cloud needs and control the cameras

Thanks again for your help tomcctv
Are you saying that i only need the one NVR in UK and possible to connect the cams in Cyprus to the same system? Never thought of that or the possibility of it.
How would this work with the cam's in CY?

The problem with Cat 5 or any cabling (Cat 5 or PSU for power etc) is there is no way of coming out of the property and to the cam's without drilling/damaging either the internal & external walls & having some sort of enclosure (trunking or conduit) visible and coming down walls. Hence the preference of total wireless & battery powered. I know that this type of setup is not recommended or reliable & hardwired is much better as that's what i'm using now in the UK.

How does this Hik tiny ptz work then & do you know a model no. for it?

I mentioned a cloud as i was not aware of the possibility to have both properties on the same system in UK. If this can be done.

10 minutes ago, Cam Era said:

I mentioned a cloud as i was not aware of the possibility to have both properties on the same system in UK. If this can be done.

That is what cloud is .... 

say you bought a cloud camera ..... 9 times out of 10 that cameras footage is sent to a China server .... they can also watch you on your own system. 

Your nvr is also basically a server so it’s your cloud .... give your nvr a camera address at your villa and it displays and records it ...... no need for 3rd party involvement 

cables don’t need to be attached to walls to be a eyesore 

you can run them along the bottom 

Cool. That will save me money on purchasing another NVR for the property in CY.

"cables don’t need to be attached to walls to be a eyesore 

you can run them along the bottom "

Yes but then they need to come up to the cameras. Anything surface or visible i'd rather not have.

If i have to run cable for a power supply to 4 camera's, then i may as well run a Cat 5 over POE. If that will become the case somehow, can the POE simply connect to the router to give 4 different addresses for 4 cam's or will it only give 1 address?
Thanks.

You would need a Poe switch  to power your cameras .... PC world around £40

if wireless is your only option  then look at the Google nest or the netgear arlo 

but your problem then is the wireless side ...... You could always move your router to outside of building 

31 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

You would need a Poe switch  to power your cameras .... PC world around £40

if wireless is your only option  then look at the Google nest or the netgear arlo 

but your problem then is the wireless side ...... You could always move your router to outside of building 

Cheers for that.
With this scenario....4 cameras via POE, with 1 cable from POE direct to router....would this give me 4 different addresses for each camera in the router devices, or just 1 address?
So basically what i'm asking is would i be able to add 4 cameras to my NVR in the UK through the one POE in Cyprus or would it only give me one address?

59 minutes ago, Cam Era said:

With this scenario....4 cameras via POE, with 1 cable from POE direct to router....would this give me 4 different addresses for each camera in the router devices, or just 1 address?
So basically what i'm asking is would i be able to add 4 cameras to my NVR in the UK through the one POE in Cyprus or would it

Yes it will give you 4 IP addresses

Cheers for the info and advice.

And would the cams have to be IP cams, and don't need to be wireless?