onebit

Sharing Display over 160 meter.

hi,
I recently installed a CCTV at one office. and all the display and control was setup. now i need to share the display from the control room to the security gate which is over 160 meters. i bought HDMI/VGA splitter but was able to find only 30 meters long VGA or HDMI cable. Kindly suggest me what kind of solution to split and share display upto a lenth of 160 meters.

Run cat 5 to the gate house then a converter at each end powered locally should work no problem you may have to drop the signal to 720p though 

Thanks. A question again though, Should the basic set up be from the DVR to VGA/HDMI cable to splitter to convertor to cat 5 cable to convertor to vga/hdmi cable to display?

43 minutes ago, onebit said:

i have used CP-UVR-0801K1-H 8 Channel DVRhttp://www.cpplusworld.com/cp-uvr-0801k1-h 

Hi. Did you use HD analog or IP cameras .

can you see the gatehouse from recorder location 

does the gate house have a PC or laptop ? You could use something like the nano station and then use the KVMS pro software that comes with your recorder ....... That way they have full control of the cameras which is something you would not have just running a monitor feed

i used the HD analog cameras and the gatehouse cannot be seen from office. And also the gatehouse has only the display monitor.

4 hours ago, onebit said:

i used the HD analog cameras and the gatehouse cannot be seen from office. And also the gatehouse has only the display monitor.

Can you not place 1 of the nanos to face the gate house ?

does the gate house have internet. 

What is your budget to get the signal to the gate house

I saw an hdmi extender over coax that was supposed to be good for 2900 ft for around 200.00  0f course you have other choices such as fiber which would allow you to run other ethernet devices at the gatehouse.  

hi, i had an old pc so as suggested i set it up using cat5e and kvms pro and its working well. thanks cheers.