Madmaxjedi

Best value CCTV

Hello 

For semi detached house looking for a CCTV 3 or 4 camera something with simple installation and good price.

Any suggestions please on make / model and what should I look for?

Thanks

Hi. For your first install and as it’s for a house I would surgest a 4way ip system .... less cables to install 

camera system usually come in 4-8-16 if you only install 3 you will always have a blank screen on live view 

what is your budget and location 

I was in the same boat as you i went for a swan system cheap and the quality is good for the money, only down side is the installation, i also have invested in a ring doorbell and 1 camera if you think that might work ? 

We used to sell ring and a few years ago recommended it 

now owned by amazon and the cloud storage 

you pay your isp for broadband and amazon uses it for there own business .... there should be giving it away if it’s something protecting there own business.... same with amazon key

I think it is very suitable for you to have a CCTV Kits. It's all set and the price would be cheaper as well. You will have to buy something like cables, power supplies or some connectors which depents on the way you install. So I'll say probably the KITS is a good solution.

Also, I'll also recommend you to read some INSTALLATION GUIDE to good you some idea of installation. It can be smoother.

Hope it's helpful:classic_smile:

Thanks useful guide.

I'll be running wires through wall and up to top of house and across under the sofits and guttering as 9 cannot run in loft and under floors.

I'm in n London. Would you recommend Arlo pro? 

And are the cheap 4 camera kits on Amazon for around £150 any good?

Any suggestions on clips etc to keep wires hidden?

I've not heard of Arlo, usually Dahua or Hikvision & variety of their OEM versions. But upon a quick glance, seems like its an smart product that can integrate into smart home like alexa / google home. (Personally doesn't know the benefits of such feature)

£150 for whole kit? I would be wary of the material, there are a lot of security equipment that are made with plastic housing instead of metal housing. Plastic ones aren't meant to last the wear & tear of the outdoor environment (indoor should be fine).