MaPOE

Need help Buying POE system

Hi, I’m new to the group and do not know much about cameras. I am looking to purchase a POE security camera - would like out of the box a 8 channel NVR with at least 6 cameras. I don’t have much lighting at night and would like something with good night vision. Since 4K is available, I would like to purchase 4K. Please recommend a good system that I can purchase at Costco.

7 hours ago, MaPOE said:

Please recommend a good system that I can purchase at Costco

Hi. So that limits you straight away. 

Either swann or lorex 

go lorex from Costco but they are usually end of line once at Costco and they don’t give support 

we’re are you located lorex in your country is a better and newer than Costco 

Tom,

Thank you appreciate your response. I’m in US, New Jersey. I heard the same thing about Lorex customer service not being good. So Costco is not a good option if they are end of life items. My budget is $1000, I want a system that is reliable and customer service.

Thank you again. Will I need to buy a dedicated monitor or can I use my TV? If I can use TV, how do I view from it)

Tom does that mean the nvr has to be close by? I was looking to place nvr in my bedroom but I read the Lorex nvr is loud

Hi. Most DVRs any make could have a loud van some even lorex you might not hear.

a silent fan only costs a few $

you can use HDMI extender with mouse control if you place NVR in your bedroom  and have control and view on your tv.

1 hour ago, MaPOE said:

Any recommendations on the Reolink brand?

Now your going backwards ...... What to look out for now with CCTV is p2p and cloud services and were your data goes ....... Just this month Swann and Xmeye have hit the news .... Releasing data to 3rd party........ People are finding there own systems on the Internet ........a couple at home have also been watched by 100s live.

you have a good budget ... No need to be going cheap and not having control 

lorex is a Canadian company with Canadian and USA p2p and cloud .......which is something dahua have been working on for the past year ... The only one of the big 3 to start to protect there customers 

Tom,

Thank you - I need at least 6 cameras, the Lorex set you recommended is a 8 channel with 4 cameras. What cameras should I supplement the other 2 cameras with?