Sign in to follow this  
OMGitsDMC

Need a really good hd nightvision cctv cam

I’m looking to buy a single cam but the night vision must be really good and also be hd, any suggestions on which one to buy ?

Define what you mean by "HD," please?  Technically speaking: "High definition" is 1280x720 or better.  That would be a 2MP camera.

Secondly: As resolution (megapixels) goes up, light sensitivity drops and noise increases.  Thus, in low-light conditions a lower resolution camera can out-perform higher-resolution one for image detail.  Search on it.  There are plenty of real-world examples.

As an example of sensor megapixel count vs. light sensitivity, consider the specs of two otherwise identical cameras: The Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (2MP):

Minimum Illumination: 0.006Lux/F1.4 ( Color,1/3s,30IRE), 0.05Lux/F1.4 ( Color,1/30s,30IRE)

and IPC-HDW5431R-ZE (4MP):

Minimum Illumination: 0.03Lux/F1.4 (Color,1/3s,30IRE), 0.3Lux/F1.4 (Color,1/30s,30IRE)

The 2MP camera has five times the light sensitivity at a 1/3 sec. frame rate and six times the light sensitivity at a 1/30th sec. frame rate.

OTOH: If you're relying on IR illumination it's not such a big deal and more megapixels may be advantageous for you.

The other thing you may wish to take into account is your display capability.  It boots nothing to have a 4K camera and a non-4K display.  The camera may see the detail, and the NVR record it, but the display won't render it, so you won't see it.

We must know what kind of dvr or NVR you have......

You could get away with using a IP camera and log into it direct....You could even hook it right up from the app....

If you want good night vision, maybe go with a Starlight Camera...  They have great resolution at night, and if there is enough ambient lighting, you can switch it to color at night!

this system is NOT 1080p just by looking at the link you provided it tells you that this is 720p resolution system, thats why it looks like that. when you log in try to set it up to MAIN STREAM that should make the image a bit better

On 6/14/2019 at 8:57 PM, Jess said:

this system is NOT 1080p just by looking at the link you provided it tells you that this is 720p resolution system, thats why it looks like that. when you log in try to set it up to MAIN STREAM that should make the image a bit better

how do i do that?

On 5/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, OMGitsDMC said:

Any other cheaper cameras about 

"Really good night vision" and "cheap" are mutually exclusive.  E.g.: My 2MP Dahua Starlight cams were $165 apiece, and that's already considered "economical" for a good low-light security camera.

did you installed a software on your PC? if you did you open the folder and go to the main menu

20 hours ago, Jess said:

did you installed a software on your PC? if you did you open the folder and go to the main menu

nothing on my pc as my images and recordings come through a monitor

On 3/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, OMGitsDMC said:

I’m looking to buy a single cam but the night vision must be really good and also be hd, any suggestions on which one to buy ?

With the same resolution, a bigger camera with more led lights will have better night vision.